Electric Tacoma coming Soon

Just saw several news blurbs about EV charging in extreme cold.

Significant time will be used to warm the battery pack so it can be charged. Plus the range of the EV suffers in the extreme cold.

So, good news for all the EV owners in the areas with snow. Longer charge times and less range.

BTW, extreme cold for a battery pack is around 20F. Imagine what its like at -20F or lower...............
Ev's also have a short range when towing. Be interesting to see how the new tacoma hybrid performs.

Or buy tires my wife was reading inline tesla tires are around 1500 each because if the torque .its like the are super duty runflats!! Crazy

i just has solar panels set up on my house and I'll still pass on that deal. My little gas guzzler will be just fine..

yeah, they can tow a freight train about 200 feet then need to charge...

Anyone with a cordless power tool knows the battery limits. EV battery has the same limits.

The tires have strong sidewalls to support the weight of the EV. Tires need to be wide to support the weight and handle the torque. I'm not sure about the rubber compound, but I suspect its soft, so getting 50,000 mile tire might be a stretch.

IIRC, the GMC EV Pickup has about 1 ton battery pack. Imagine the damage a heavy vehicle does in an accident.............

Last edited:
Back