How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

Went out today making my rounds and spotted a sweet 1st gen SunFireRed Tacoma SR5 PreRunner. Other than a little surface rust on the rims, this owner has taken very good care of his ride.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 4
Ok, this is a 1st gen White, 2WD, 5-speed manuel, but one of those funny years (01,02,03,04) where they changed the entire grill and front end but still call it a 1st gen. Maybe Taco Man or Jay can explain this one.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I think he means he doesn't know why they had to change everything up. I thought the interior was still the same though! But Idk.

that interior changed in 1998 for the 4x4 with the airbag and cup holders locations :(

also the door panel cards became 'mostly' plastic and instrument panel changed to white from black background at some time

as far as the 5 luggers 2wd they likely changed as well but their exterior headlights changed in 1997 model

Last edited:
Seems I'm seeing more gen1 tacomas lately. Just came from my haircut appointment. Parked next to a mint jade green single cab gen1 tacoma. It looked brand new....not a nick on it anywhere. I normally don't like green trucks, but this one I wouldn't mind owning.

center consoles appearance changed and aux outlets also were added post '97 model tacoma
could mean i have the very last of the old-school-breed maybe? IDK

Seems I'm seeing more gen1 tacomas lately. Just came from my haircut appointment. Parked next to a mint jade green single cab gen1 tacoma. It looked brand new....not a nick on it anywhere. I normally don't like green trucks, but this one I wouldn't mind owning.
have you any pics of that?!?

Back