How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

Saw 2 Tacos today at the 7-Eleven sorry was unable to get pictures! Judging by the grilles I believe one was a second gen the other I think was a 3rd gen! The 3rd gen appeared to be a darker shade of blue than yours BigTexasBlue, maybe you can chime in on that!

There's also a 1st gen here in my neighborhood that's literally right around the corner from me that's a white extended cab, I think a prerunner! No it's not the same one I saw at the stop light the other day! Anyhow I plan to stop and snap a pic or 2 here in the next day or 2 after the rain is done and we get some sun! It's parked on the side of the street across from a row of houses so it shouldn't be too much problem! If it were parked in somebody's driveway or on the street right in front of somebody's house I'd definitely go knock on the door first before taking a picture!

Okay just an update, stopped on my way home from work just a few minutes ago and snapped a few pics of that 1st gen that's right around the corner here that I was talking about! Will be posting them as soon as my dumbphone lets me on here! I'm on the laptop right now. One of them got my finger in the picture, I think I can edit it out, if not just know I'm not flipping anybody off! Lmao!

(The word is getting out…..) So imagine my surprise today when I exited Lowe's and couldn't help but notice a beautiful Tacoma pulled up beside me in the parking lot. It's a 3rd gen but there are no badges whatsoever (minus the aftermarket TRD Pro grill). I mean not even blacked out badges..

I couldn't tell if it was an SR, SR5, Sport, Off-Road, Limited, or Pro TRD. I must have walked around this pickup three or four times looking for badges. Nothing. Even though the rims look like "factory wheels", I have never seen these before. My conclusion is it must be a 2023 model. If anyone knows anything about this please chime in…..

Attachments

• image1-2.jpeg
    image1-2.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 8
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 16
Alrighty here it is finally!
Wow that's a great looking Tacoma. I see what you mean about the rims. Those came off a 3rd gen Off-Road. My brother in law did the same thing. He bought a set of Off-Road wheels and put them on his 2nd gen SR5 ! It always makes give a second look when guys do this.

Wow that's a great looking Tacoma. I see what you mean about the rims. Those came off a 3rd gen Off-Road. My brother in law did the same thing. He bought a set of Off-Road wheels and put them on his 2nd gen SR5 ! It always makes give a second look when guys do this.
Not sure why the fronted sits a little higher than the rearend, it's like it doesn't have an engine in it or something!

Yeah I thought those rims looked like later model rims too!

Not sure why the fronted sits a little higher than the rearend, it's like it doesn't have an engine in it or something!

Yeah I thought those rims looked like later model rims too!
is it weighted down in the bed?
No no no, I know this from first hand experience. Well, actually it was my sons experience, so he has a 2nd gen (2014), and decided to do the lift kit and monster tires himself. Apparently, if you mis one step during the install, the backend will remain a tad bit lower than the frontend, and is noticeable. I would say that's the case with your neighbor's Tacoma. Just my 2¢ :)

No no no, I know this from first hand experience. Well, actually it was my sons experience, so he has a 2nd gen (2014), and decided to do the lift kit and monster tires himself. Apparently, if you mis one step during the install, the backend will remain a tad bit lower than the frontend, and is noticeable. I would say that's the case with your neighbor's Tacoma. Just my 2¢ :)
Makes sense! I think I heard something about that before now that you mentioned it!

I would like to add that I saw what I believe was a pre-95 Taco on my way to work this morning! It was apparently a base model 2wd, I noticed on the driver side fender it had a V6 engine emblem! That's why I'm thinking it was a pre-Tacoma because from what I've found from my own research the 1st gen base model 2wd Taco only came with the 2.4 I4 like mine! It looked like a Taco but it didn't. On the tailgate it had Toyota in big blue letters! I would've like to have gotten a picture of it but unfortunately that's just a little hard to do when driving 70 m.p.h. on Hwy 80!

So I was out today taking care of errands when I realized the wife needed another bottle of her favorite spirits so I stopped in at her favorite store and spotted another beautiful 3rd gen (2020) Taco Sport Cement Gray.

Attachments

• IMG_1151.jpg
    IMG_1151.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
Then I rounded the corner and saw this gorgeous Blue Ribbon Metalic 2nd gen Tacoma with a Leer camper shell. Not sure what the blue masking tape is all about on the running boards though but still a nice Tacoma that has that "pop" effect…..

Attachments

• IMG_1155.jpg
    IMG_1155.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 4
I would like to add that I saw what I believe was a pre-95 Taco on my way to work this morning! It was apparently a base model 2wd, I noticed on the driver side fender it had a V6 engine emblem! That's why I'm thinking it was a pre-Tacoma because from what I've found from my own research the 1st gen base model 2wd Taco only came with the 2.4 I4 like mine! It looked like a Taco but it didn't. On the tailgate it had Toyota in big blue letters! I would've like to have gotten a picture of it but unfortunately that's just a little hard to do when driving 70 m.p.h. on Hwy 80!
Afaik the pre taco gas tank filler hole is on passenger right side
So when in doubt...
I could be wrong about that as well

Back