How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

JayQQ97

MW surVivor ... MT. 289k miles
Damn you're good Jay….
Well I am still not confident about that prerunner badge on a single cab!
I recall the year after I bot my 97 that these prerunner started showing up on the lots, same size as my truck but stickered a few thousand less from what I paid! I was upset until I looked under the front and saw why lol

TexasBigBlue

I don't know Jay. At first I thought the "PreRunner" badge was a Texas thing cause I never saw that badge in Colorado. And I do remember the day when Toyota specifically made a distinctive difference between a 2WD body and a 4WD body. On two occasions I almost bought a "PreRunner" on the fact I thought it was a 4WD until I asked the Dealership where is the 4WD contorl lever/button/knob and they said it's 2WD. You know 1st Gen's way more than most of us (that's a compliment) so I will go with what you say.

JayQQ97

In California PreRunners are plentiful I've read
I suppose it's the Colorado snow and the need for 4wd for the lack of PreRunner sightings there lol

Last edited:

TexasBigBlue

Stopped by Hobby Lobby yesterday and saw a gorgeous 3rd Gen PreRunner. Almost the same color as my VooDoo Blue. ;)

Attachments

• image5 copy.jpeg
    image5 copy.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10

TexasBigBlue

Another near VooDoo Blue I spotted. It's a 2016 Sport but I don't know what the extra colored stripes are in the bottom left side of the grill. That is so cool.

Attachments

• image4 copy.jpeg
    image4 copy.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 7

JayQQ97

Another near VooDoo Blue I spotted. It's a 2016 Sport but I don't know what the extra colored stripes are in the bottom left side of the grill. That is so cool.
could it be something sort of a colour match?
retro stripes?

00w0w_fOwJISwYUNaz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

TexasBigBlue

tacojoel

I think from 1979 thu 82 the body style on the 4wd pickup were all pretty similar. Around 83-84 Toyota came out with the extra cab model too. I know my 84 was an extra cab, and still had the solid front axle. My 86 was an extra cab sr5 with ifs and efi.

TexasBigBlue

Wanted to submerge myself in some Asian today and pulled up beside a 2016 Tacoma Sport with some good looking meaty AT's.

Attachments

• image3-3.jpeg
    image3-3.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 5

TexasBigBlue

And then on my way home I spotted a beautiful late 70's/early 80's pickup truck 2WD 5-speed manuel. I've seen this pickup driving around town for a few months but finally saw him parked by the Denton Buc-ee's. Help me out with the year Jay…. :)

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 8
  • image0 copy.jpeg
    image0 copy.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 8