How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

Had to go to Walmart this morning for some coffee grounds and noticed another one of those "modern-day" roll bars on a Barcelona Red gen2 Tacoma. It appears all badges were removed so my best guess is this is a Sport model judging by the hood-scoop. Problem is I don't remember gen2 Sport Tacomas having such a funny looking hood-scoop. My 2014 Sport certainly didn't look like this one. But that was nine years ago and my memory is fading….

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 20
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
  • image0-2.jpeg
    image0-2.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 10
Pulled into my usual parking spot this morning at the grocery mart followed by a blue tacoma double cab. We both got out of our trucks next to each other, and struck up some small talk. His was a 2010 gen2 speedway blue trd sport. It was 100% mint, and this guy was proud of it, saying I trust you other tacoma guys won't ding it if a park next to one. Told him the same back as I park next to a shopping basket collection area so at least one side of my truck is protected by the corral they're in. This guy told me he's seen so few tacoma's like my color, that it's not popular as the silvers red, or blues. Well I told I haven't seen another in this year, and trim either , so they must be. Btw, this guy was an old fart to.

i don't entirely trust those shopping basket collection spots :confused:
but what's a tacodude supposed to do!?

Pulled into my usual parking spot this morning at the grocery mart followed by a blue tacoma double cab. We both got out of our trucks next to each other, and struck up some small talk. His was a 2010 gen2 speedway blue trd sport. It was 100% mint, and this guy was proud of it, saying I trust you other tacoma guys won't ding it if a park next to one. Told him the same back as I park next to a shopping basket collection area so at least one side of my truck is protected by the corral they're in. This guy told me he's seen so few tacoma's like my color, that it's not popular as the silvers red, or blues. Well I told I haven't seen another in this year, and trim either , so they must be. Btw, this guy was an old fart to.
Ha ha, and I thought I was the only one. :cool:

Stopped off at a goodwill store today and spotted this great looking White gen2 Sport. That front bumper could stop a tank ! Judging by the factory wheels I'd say it's a 2010/2011. Could use a carwash but it looks like it's been well taken care of.

Attachments

• image0-2 copy.jpeg
    image0-2 copy.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 5
  • image1 copy.jpeg
    image1 copy.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
The wife needed powdered sugar this morning so I went to Walmart and wow was the parking lot packed today. Found an open spot right next to a Black gen2 OR and I'm here to tell ya that chrome is making a comeback.

He's got a chrome bull-guard, chrome running boards, and a nice chrome bumper. I'm totally diggin his after market LED headlights, and the aggressive looking grill with the Raptor amber lights. Not sure what to think of those rims but I'm a huge fan of Toya tires. Nice bed cover too…..

Attachments

• image0-2.jpeg
    image0-2.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 8
Yet another Walmart run this morning and low and behold I spot a nice Silver gen2 Sport. Has its fair share of dents and dings but what caught my eye was the white LED lights under the rear bumper. WTF ? I haven't did off-roading in years so maybe he uses it while off-roading at night or does he use them as back up lights ? Interesting…..

Attachments

• image0-2.jpeg
    image0-2.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 4
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 12
Ok so I had to stop off at Kroger this evening for the wife's favorite ice cream and spot an unusual combination of BarcelonaRed, Blackout, and chrome, all rolled into one. Weird. Nothing pops or stands out, just messy. I love the BarcelonaRed but the chrome running boards and bumper just don't mesh with the Blackout wheels and brush-guard. I love all of these but not on the same pickup truck. Just saying….

Attachments

• image0-2 copy.jpeg
    image0-2 copy.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 6
  • image1 copy.jpeg
    image1 copy.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 2
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
Looks like miniature toy version of a monster truck. Actually it looks pretty goofy to me. Nice 93 truck though.
'93 because that was the last year before the high-mount 3rd stop light was required protruding on top of the cab?

that is the only way i could tell lol
it looks much like my '95 single cab with the bright blue metallic paint, i had the wimpy little tires on it however :oops:

'93 because that was the last year before the high-mount 3rd stop light was required protruding on top of the cab?

that is the only way i could tell lol
it looks much like my '95 single cab with the bright blue metallic paint, i had the wimpy little tires on it however :oops:
Could be. I only knew it was a 93 by its overall appearance. I had an identical 93 blue with the same decal package except mine was an extended cab sr5.

Could be. I only knew it was a 93 by its overall appearance. I had an identical 93 blue with the same decal package except mine was an extended cab sr5.
How do the both of you know it's not a 1990 ? It looks just like my sons old pickup truck. After he wrecked it the first time, he repainted it and deleted the "swoosh" like graphics on the sides.

Attachments

• DSC_0083.JPG
    DSC_0083.JPG
    878.5 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_0081.JPG
    DSC_0081.JPG
    837.2 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_0085.JPG
    DSC_0085.JPG
    865.6 KB · Views: 3
Back