How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

Could be. I only knew it was a 93 by its overall appearance. I had an identical 93 blue with the same decal package except mine was an extended cab sr5.
Did you have a high stop light mount ?
Bright blue metallic or the other shade of blue... I think there were 2 anyhow it's has been 26 years now for me lol

How do the both of you know it's not a 1990 ? It looks just like my sons old pickup truck. After he wrecked it the first time, he repainted it and deleted the "swoosh" like graphics on the sides.
All I know it has NO high stop mount or 3rd brake light which was not required until perhaps 1994
But I could be wrong lol

Just came back from a meeting with my realtor and potential buyers that want my shop. One of the buyers parked a new dark gray gen3 trd tacoma aside mine. Real nice truck, and loaded. Found out this guy is part of a non-profit organization getting covid grant money to buy the building. Claims they will have the funds in a few days. Money talks bullchit walks.

Was out today doing errands and could not believe my eyes when I saw this stealth box truck sitting on the side of a Texas Road House (the Texas flag is above the restaurant in the background). This has to be a late 80's/eraly 90's toyota truck. And it's a dually !

Attachments

• image0-2.jpeg
    image0-2.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 3
And when I made it to the Harbor Freight store I spotted a beat-up, yet still road worthy, gen1 SR5. This legend has the origanal wheels, 80's roll-bar but there is rust everywhere, frayed wires comin out the back, and there is duck tape literally holding the left rear door closed. Nice bull-bar though.

Was never a big fan of the "American Sniper skull" logo from the 2015 movie but hey, to each his own. The green decal on the tailgate is the US Army's 9th Infantry Division decal which tells me this is a Viet Nam era Veteran Tacoma owner coz that Division deactivated in 1991.

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 4
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 8
And finally, drove through Mesquite on my way home and spotted this beautiful, and i mean gorgeous, gen1 2wd Tacoma. Original factory wheels, automatic transmission, diamond plate husky tool box, and Gold exterior paint. It's very obvious the owner of this pickup truck keeps it well maintained and showroom ready. Maybe i will meet him someday. ;)

70811.jpg

Last edited:
And finally, drove through Mesquite on my way home and spotted this beautiful, and i mean gorgeous, gen1 2wd Tacoma. Original factory wheels, automatic transmission, diamond plate husky tool box, and Gold exterior paint. It's very obvious the owner of this pickup truck keeps it well maintained and showroom ready. Maybe i will meet him someday. ;)

70811.jpg
Is that tacomans?

And when I made it to the Harbor Freight store I spotted a beat-up, yet still road worthy, gen1 SR5. This legend has the origanal wheels, 80's roll-bar but there is rust everywhere, frayed wires comin out the back, and there is duck tape literally holding the left rear door closed. Nice bull-bar though.

Was never a big fan of the "American Sniper skull" logo from the 2015 movie but hey, to each his own. The green decal on the tailgate is the US Army's 9th Infantry Division decal which tells me this is a Viet Nam era Veteran Tacoma owner coz that Division deactivated in 1991.
I am fortunate to spot more than 1 gen1 taco in my area on any given day

'93 because that was the last year before the high-mount 3rd stop light was required protruding on top of the cab?

that is the only way i could tell lol
it looks much like my '95 single cab with the bright blue metallic paint, i had the wimpy little tires on it however :oops:
Could be. I only knew it was a 93 by its overall appearance. I had an identical 93 blue with the same decal package except mine was an extended cab sr5.
So here's a picture my youngest sons 93 Toyota that he sent me this morning. It's his old 93 pickup that was parked in the garage (zoom in on the first photo). We bought it off a Soldier who was leaving Missouri for over-seas in 2010 for $4,000. He was the original owner and he bought it brand spanking new in Idaho, NO air conditioning and everything was manuel.

We spent $1,800 for an after market AC that was made for toyota trucks and it was perfect. My son ended up selling it for a 2014 Tacoma and just like my other sons black SR5, I wish I still had it. It was his daily driver but I still don't see the difference between a 90 and a 93.

Attachments

• DSC_0081.JPG
    DSC_0081.JPG
    837.2 KB · Views: 9
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
So here's a picture my youngest sons 93 Toyota that he sent me this morning. It's his old 93 pickup that was parked in the garage (zoom in on the first photo). We bought it off a Soldier who was leaving Missouri for over-seas in 2010 for $4,000. He was the original owner and he bought it brand spanking new in Idaho, NO air conditioning and everything was manuel.

We spent $1,800 for an after market AC that was made for toyota trucks and it was perfect. My son ended up selling it for a 2014 Tacoma and just like my other sons black SR5, I wish I still had it. It was his daily driver but I still don't see the difference between a 90 and a 93.
There is No high mount 3rd stoplight on that truck
Must be in 1994 that it was required

Found this here..

Do all trucks have a 3rd brake light?
As a result, the third brake light, officially known as the center high-mounted stop light (CHMSL), became legally required safety equipment on new vehicles in 1986 and light trucks in 1994. Currently, the third brake light has evolved to include modern features.Sep 11, 2022

Found this here..

Do all trucks have a 3rd brake light?
As a result, the third brake light, officially known as the center high-mounted stop light (CHMSL), became legally required safety equipment on new vehicles in 1986 and light trucks in 1994. Currently, the third brake light has evolved to include modern features.Sep 11, 2022
I knew it ! I had a girlfriend I was dating when I lived in Nebraska and she had a 1977 Chevy Chevelle. When the Federal Government made it mandatory like you said in 1986, her ole man made her go to Napa Auto Parts store and by an after market 3rd brake light and I'm the one that helped her install it. He said he wanted her to be on the safe side….That was 1985 !

Spotted this absolute gem today just off of I-35 and Teasley ave. A Bronze gen2 regular cab SR5. Haven't seen a regular cab in awhile and this bad boy was in great shape. Polished aluminum factory wheels. This dude's Tacoma is squared away. Very nice.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 4
  • image0-2.jpeg
    image0-2.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2
Back