How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

there are many other parts that can get rusty crusty underneath

i had no clue that a transfer case housing could get so roasty until i saw them pics on the interWebs
Man I'm so glad I don't live in any northern states where there they put that salt sh*t on the roads! There seems to be no way to keep it from rusting out your vehicle!

Man I'm so glad I don't live in any northern states where there they put that salt sh*t on the roads! There seems to be no way to keep it from rusting out your vehicle!
It was from a Florida taco

Texas has a salty coast?
Year round saltwater!?

It was from a Florida taco

Texas has a salty coast?
Year round saltwater!?
Oh okay didn't realize it was from Florida! Yes Texas has a coast! I remember back in the late '90s I I was interested in buying a '91 Ford F150 and had a mechanic friend look at with me! The truck had a plastic bedliner in it! He lifted it up and immediately we could see all the rust, one thing he told me is that truck had probably been down around the coast. It also had a lot of rust in the engine compartment! It appeared the truck had been repainted at some point so there's no telling what was going on with it. Probably dodged a huge bullet when I decided not to buy it!

Yes the coast does have year round saltwater.

Oh okay didn't realize it was from Florida! Yes Texas has a coast! I remember back in the late '90s I I was interested in buying a '91 Ford F150 and had a mechanic friend look at with me! The truck had a plastic bedliner in it! He lifted it up and immediately we could see all the rust, one thing he told me is that truck had probably been down around the coast. It also had a lot of rust in the engine compartment! It appeared the truck had been repainted at some point so there's no telling what was going on with it. Probably dodged a huge bullet when I decided not to buy it!

Yes the coast does have year round saltwater.
Half the bed was rotted away under the liner?

So during the rain delay in today's NASCAR race, I sneaked out to 7-11 right next to the house for some more of the wife's adult beverages when this gen2, 2005 SR5 PreRunner pulled up beside me. The owner said he's the 2nd owner and loves his Taco. A/T with 220,000 miles with a nice matching camper shell. Oh thank heaven for seven eleven….

Attachments

• image0-9.jpeg
    image0-9.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
Back