How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

That is correct Jay. Plano is a 20 minute drive from me and Toyota's Head Quarters is freaking huge. For whatever reason I don't get out that way to often. There are just so many Tacomas on the Denton County roads and parking lots there's no reason to venture out further. Unless I'm on a road trip to Colorado, Nebrska, or Mississippi (my folks live in Biloxi).
Ok I'm finally home from work!

I get up to Plano every now and then! My cousin lives there with her husband and 2 kids! She usually has the family gathering there for holidays etc. because they have such a large 2 story house! Plano is pretty good city actually!

Ok let me start off by saying I am not a gym rat, these guys are not paid actors, and I am not a stalker (Lol). I drive by this gym almost everyday and have never see a Tacoma there until tonight. All gen3's and the third time I have snapped a photo of another VooDooBlue Tacoma (all different Tacomas by the way. Wow….

Attachments

• image0-9.jpeg
    image0-9.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 2
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 2
Ok let me start off by saying I am not a gym rat, these guys are not paid actors, and I am not a stalker (Lol). I drive by this gym almost everyday and have never see a Tacoma there until tonight. All gen3's and the third time I have snapped a photo of another VooDooBlue Tacoma (all different Tacomas by the way. Wow….
Maybe it's the other way around and they all follow you like a little puppy dog! Lol! It'd be like CW McCall "Mercy sakes alive looks like we got us a convoy!" Lol!

Last edited:
Stopped by Big Lots this morning for some popcorn and spied this good looking CharcoalGray gen2 SR or SR5. Factory steel wheels and a nice bed cover. Man he came a long ways from Washington state. Wonder what he's doing in Texas….

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 3
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
  • image0-9.jpeg
    image0-9.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
Stopped by Big Lots this morning for some popcorn and spied this good looking CharcoalGray gen2 SR or SR5. Factory steel wheels and a nice bed cover. Man he came a long ways from Washington state. Wonder what he's doing in Texas….
Washington state is nice, have you been there at any time?

that is most surreal and how bizarre

That is correct Jay. Plano is a 20 minute drive from me and Toyota's Head Quarters is freaking huge. For whatever reason I don't get out that way to often. There are just so many Tacomas on the Denton County roads and parking lots there's no reason to venture out further. Unless I'm on a road trip to Colorado, Nebrska, or Mississippi (my folks live in Biloxi).

i've been meaning to make it to Plano with the old Taco and show 'em whut i got someday one day at the end of route 75

So jelly of y'all! Especially Tex!! But, I think he just has seriously mad photoshop skills, as he parks next 8 or 9 a day. The only time I get to park next to another Taco is at the range. Maybe that is fate telling that I need to go the range more.

Although, I do see hundreds each day while driving. Maybe I need to get a dashcam and start a new thread about Tacos on the road.

there is a paparazzi thread on here, would that suit yer needs for taco spotting?

So you're familiar with the DFW area Jay?? I know you said you're from Texas.

only been to TX a few times

had an on-the-road job in Waco in the 90s for a month
been to Amarillo, del Rio and the big bend park area
i shall need to make it into San Antonio at some point lol

only been to TX a few times

had an on-the-road job in Waco in the 90s for a month
been to Amarillo, del Rio and the big bend park area
i shall need to make it into San Antonio at some point lol
Okay I thought you said you were from East Texas or something.

Had to go to Lowe's today to look at some garden tools and pulled up beside this gen2 SR5. Nice chrome bumper but what I really like are those brushed aluminum rims. Good looking rig.

Attachments

• image0-9.jpeg
    image0-9.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 2
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
Nice looking 2nd gen TexasBigBlue!
I gotta tell ya Taco Man it's getting harder and harder to spot gen1's like yours with the vertical grill. I saw an awesome one like yours today except it was Red and it looked brand new. I could have turned around and chased him down for some pictures but that would have been definitely stalking Lol. :p

I gotta tell ya Taco Man it's getting harder and harder to spot gen1's like yours with the vertical grill. I saw an awesome one like yours today except it was Red and it looked brand new. I could have turned around and chased him down for some pictures but that would have been definitely stalking Lol. :p
Yeah they're getting pretty rare! I remember one time a couple years ago I stopped at a 7-Eleven on my way home from work, that I always stop at, and parked next to a 1st gen very similar to mine only it was silver whereas mine is more of a tan or gold color! That truck was a little beat up as well! Anyhow the guy must've seen me when I pulled in because he literally stopped me as soon as I walked in the door and started asking me about my truck! We talked for several minutes! He was a really cool dude and very knowledgeable about these Tacos, he said his was a party truck, I can only imagine what that means! Lol! That was a couple years ago, long before this thread was started, I don't think I was even a member of this forum yet! If that were to happen now I'd definitely post pics of it on here, I don't think he would've had a problem with it either because he was just a really cool guy! I did see that guy driving around the Mesquite area at times after that but haven't seen him in a while!

Last edited:
Back