is anybody here from Texas?

since i got back to home i really do miss those smooth & noise-free Texas roads I wheeled on & forgot ALL about these nasty suspension problems on my rig that I just cannot figure out the pinpointed issue what is old or wrong
these Iowa/NE freeway roads are NOTHING but road noise
all i heard in Texas in my old truck was the engine and some wind noise on the windshield... did not hear a darned thing underneath on the Texas roads that had the cool pavement

Last edited:
@JayQQ97. If you don't remember I came from TX. Lived down in East Texas for like 18 years. I'll be heading that way after April 13th. A good brother just passed. This is some of the trails I know ! Might help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230405-091034.png
    Screenshot_20230405-091034.png
    882.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20230405-091106.png
    Screenshot_20230405-091106.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
since i got back to home i really do miss those smooth & noise-free Texas roads I wheeled on & forgot ALL about these nasty suspension problems on my rig that I just cannot figure out the pinpointed issue what is old or wrong
these Iowa/NE freeway roads are NOTHING but road noise
all i heard in Texas in my old truck was the engine and some wind noise on the windshield... did not hear a darned thing underneath on the Texas roads that had the cool pavement
You need to remember the freeze/thaw cycles are pavement destroyers. TX doesn't have the freeze/thaw cycles like the northern states. Although, they do have those 4 legged speed bumps.......

I smashed an Armadillo while pulling our folding camper thru a construction zone. Traffic was pushed to 1 lane with the concreate K barriers as guides. Running along at 60 mph, I saw the bugger sneak out between the barrier gaps. Had zero time to brake and no way to avoid....... I swear that animal turned into a ping-pong ball. It bounced around under the ninnivan hitting everything, hit the front of the camper, went under the camper, popped out and up. He grew wings to fly into the air landing on the hood/windshield of the tailgater behind me. After that, the tailgater backed off my bumper. I still get a smile and a chuckle remembering that event.

Last edited:
@JayQQ97. If you don't remember I came from TX. Lived down in East Texas for like 18 years. I'll be heading that way after April 13th. A good brother just passed. This is some of the trails I know ! Might help.
Yes I recall you're from Texas lol
Sad news about your brother :(
As of the moment my next planned taco excursion to Texas is when the truck makes it to 385k

The border run along the rio in late January on the west side was a thrill following the border patrol truck

i've never been to San Antonio!
but I have ventured to Waco Dallas and most recently Amarillo

did you know that a long long highway starts in Sioux City Iowa and runs deeep into southern Texas?

Well now I've been about 50 miles from San Antonio
But only because I made a wrong turn in the dark hunting for that i10
Oh my my

Yes I recall you're from Texas lol
Sad news about your brother :(
As of the moment my next planned taco excursion to Texas is when the truck makes it to 385k

The border run along the rio in late January on the west side was a thrill following the border patrol truck
Have you ever driven through El Paso down Doniphan Drive ("The Border Highway") going Eastbound ? In some spots you are 20 feet away from the chain length fence that seperates Texas from Juárez (locals call it "J" town). Looking at old Mexico and the slums and shacks on Mexico's side makes you appreciate what you have on this side. At least for me.

Doniphan dr merges into i-10 for a bit then you take highway 2 and you are on the border through Del Rio, Laredo, and ends at Matamoros/Brownsville.

Unfortunately East Texas is getting pummeled by some pretty severe thunderstorms right now, they're gonna continue to get even worse as they head further east! Let's keep the folks in the path of these severe thunderstorms in our prayers!

Unfortunately East Texas is getting pummeled by some pretty severe thunderstorms right now, they're gonna continue to get even worse as they head further east! Let's keep the folks in the path of these severe thunderstorms in our prayers!
No kidding, I wish Denton County could get a nice down poor. It's been cloudy all day and it was 39 degrees this morning but still no rain.

No kidding, I wish Denton County could get a nice down poor. It's been cloudy all day and it was 39 degrees this morning but still no rain.
The storms hit here in Southeastern Dallas County a little after 5:00 this morning and lasted approx. 45 minutes, very heavy downpour, thunder and lighting! Thankfully no tornadoes or hail!

Turned on FOX 4 around 7:00 and good ol' Evan Andrews said it was getting into East Texas at that point!

Have you ever driven through El Paso down Doniphan Drive ("The Border Highway") going Eastbound ? In some spots you are 20 feet away from the chain length fence that seperates Texas from Juárez (locals call it "J" town). Looking at old Mexico and the slums and shacks on Mexico's side makes you appreciate what you have on this side. At least for me.

Doniphan dr merges into i-10 for a bit then you take highway 2 and you are on the border through Del Rio, Laredo, and ends at Matamoros/Brownsville.

No I haven't been to El Paso, just del Rio for a small bit!
Then the Texas farm road from the big park to US-67 along the Rio

IMG_5090.JPGIMG_5088.JPG

Last edited:
Was reading some of your post & I just got off the phone with one of my brothers around the Toledo Bend area and they had one inch hail hit todayView attachment 36793
So tell me Mr "Peeing on jeeps", how did you come up with that wonderful call sign ? It's catchy and reminds me of those decals on people's bumpers that actually show a little kid peeing on a jeep.

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    6.1 KB · Views: 0
Back