is anybody here from Texas?

No worries. I think we could still met "Peeing on jeeps" on the 13th but let's wait till he replies in the morning. Yes that song came out in the 80's. I was in HS and all the country bumpkins that listened to country music loved that song.
I graduated in '95, back then they called them ropers instead of country bumpkin! You were labeled with the roper if you wore Wranglers and cowboy boots, I've always worn them myself because that's what I like so I guess I was a roper! Lol!

I graduated in '95, back then they called them ropers instead of country bumpkin! You were labeled with the roper if you wore Wranglers and cowboy boots, I've always worn them myself because that's what I like so I guess I was a roper! Lol!
That explains why Coloradans call Texans "goat-ropers" Lol. I graduated in 84 but I ran with two groups during all three years of High School. As a Varsity wrestler & bull-rider, I wore Nike high-tops, Wrangler Cowboy-cut jeans, and my Cowboy hat. Both groups respected me. I was definitely an odd ball. We're going to have to switch your call sign to "goat-roper".

That explains why Coloradans call Texans "goat-ropers" Lol. I graduated in 84 but I ran with two groups during all three years of High School. As a Varsity wrestler & bull-rider, I wore Nike high-tops, Wrangler Cowboy-cut jeans, and my Cowboy hat. Both groups respected me. I was definitely an odd ball. We're going to have to switch your call sign to "goat-roper".
Yeah I've heard the term goat-roper too! Same here wore the Wrangler Cowboy-cut jeans, boots etc. That's what I've always liked to wear! Back then I drove a '66 Ford F100 shortbed Custom Cab with a 352 and a 2-barrel carb. and a 3-speed manual tranny! So I definitely fit in that category! Lol!

Yeah I've heard the term goat-roper too! Same here wore the Wrangler Cowboy-cut jeans, boots etc. That's what I've always liked to wear! Back then I drove a '66 Ford F100 shortbed Custom Cab with a 352 and a 2-barrel carb. and a 3-speed manual tranny! So I definitely fit in that category! Lol!
My cousin in North Missouri would be intrested in that f100
He's got a '76 black f100 with custom parts

Last edited:
OMG ! In 1983 I paid $300 for a 1966 Beige F-100 2-door manuel 4-speed /granny gear that had a big block 390. As a high school student, I could not afford to fill up the tank.

Ahhhh Sedalia. Hoe of Missouri's state fair on hwy 50 if I'm not mistaken, Very nice.
Oh shoot I almost forgot, Sedalia is also home to Missouri's youth wrestling state tournament for Free-style and Greco-Roman Wrestling. Youngest son won the Greco-Roman title in 2011 in the 160 pound weight class if I remember correctly.

My cousin in North Missouri would be intrested in that f100
He's got a '76 black f100 with custom parts
Unfortunately mine got wrecked years ago thanks to a dumbass that ran a red light and hit another guy in a Nissan pickup and knocked him into mine!

'76 F100! Love that body style! A former boss of mine had a '78 F150 that was the shop truck! It had a 400M with a C6 tranny! Didn't like the boss at all he was an asshole, but I really liked that truck! Lol!

OMG, thank you for asking. Retired in 2011 from active duty. The only other Army Post I hated more than Ft Benning, GA was Ft Hood, Texas. The Army sent me there the first time in 1988 after a tour in Korea, then sent me back to that God awful place again in 2001. What about you ?
That's funny! I live in Copperas Cove. Never served at the Hood though.

Back