issues with 2016 Tacoma

I have about 2700 miles on my Tacoma with auto trans in drive and reverse it surges enough to see it on the tach. this is when idling to park or just rolling no throttle. it also sometimes has a harsh downshift just before stopping.in normal driving I do not like how the trans shifts its very vague and unresponsive. I took to dealer Tuesday feb 2 they said there was no fault codes and would have to keep over night because trans must be between 113 and 120 degrees to scan for fluid level. since there is no dip stick .Wednesday feb 3 dealer said they could not duplicate surging but the trans was 3/4 quart low they topped off trans. I drove it home and it still surges. I am not a happy camper. i hope there is a fix for this issue soon

I'm getting delayed shifts from reverse to drive, lurching in reverse (scary when trying to back out of the garage with little margin for error), hard downshift with a neutral then gear slam... then noticeable upshifts. I took a different tacoma home from the deader (same model with extra features). The transmission shifted significantly smoother and it didn't lunge or slam into gear when warming up or periodically under normal driving conditions as mine does atlas once a day.

The dealer told me my fluids were good, they reset the trans learning my driving habits, and to bring the vehicle back in if I continue to have issues.

I am new to the forum, I have just bought a 2016 Tacoma was just built. I have a couple of questions of issues that are occurring. Initial start up, sometimes it cranks for a while before it starts, or cranks until it stops (timer on the button?) and I try again it has always started the second time. It doesn't do it all the time. Does anyone have any experience with this issue?

I have push start too. My truck, despite transmission issues, always starts on the first push for the last 6k miles at about 6 months of ownership.

Ok update Via Toyota they are aware of the issue Representative contacted me and advised they are working on a software update. Update has not been complete ted so as far as a release date I will advise as soon as Toyota calls me and advises new update is ready to install.
So are they going to notify all us owners when this update is available?

An here in toyota, check mi oil trans level or if have trans computer update! they let you know when I leave here.

NAPONTE

Tsb-0077-16 here is answer to everyone doubting it is software issue on transmission on the new 16s. Everyone doubted me look it up.

Sorry couldn't log into ths account for awhile now but I posted it with my other account.
T-SB0077-16 tried to post picture of it but phone still will not allow me to post it. Took longer than expected to be released hopefully everyone's issue will be fixed .

Best shot I could get. Dealer will say only for 4cyl engines is actually for both also needs to clear diving history on engine and on transmission so it can relearn driving habits. I have had this done and it has helped in every way. Has somewhat fixed cruise control issue as well still downshifts but not as often.

Also reflashed JBL system with new update has corrected booting issues any other updates I will post them as well. Sorry took so long. Was injured and when I tried to log back into my account I couldn't had password reset and barely allowed me to log back into this account. SORRY TO EVERYONE THAT THOUGHT I DISAPPEARED.

Got the update. They didn't know about it. Haven't noticed any lag, and didn't seem to upshift to higher rpm for slight incline while going down the highway in cruise either.
Thanks

Transmission issue. anyway, my 4 Cyl. is having the same issue that the 6 Cyl. RPM goes up by 1000 when I turn Cruise control on and stays their. I just came back from a 4600 mile trip and straight to the dealer. Guess what, "could not duplicate" surprise, surprise. I pulled out the camera I had and showed them two videos of me driving at 70 and 75, with and without the cruise on, they agreed there is a problem but, the fix is only for the 6 Cyl. with Auto trans. Has anyone else noticed this issue with their 4 Cyl. Automatic Truck and has your dealer offered any repair?

My buddy has the 4 Cyl they used the same update they used on the 6cyl on the 4cyl it will fix the issue explain to them the update applies to all 6 speed automatics.

Back