Long bed vs. Short bed

My DCLB can fit in my garage with it closed too, but I choose to park outside to show it off. My only complaint about a long bed is that when I'm at the tailgate, I have a harder time getting the stuff towards the front of the bed. Plenty of times where I had to haul stuff and thought to myself how glad I am to choose the LB and be able to close the tailgate.
My mentality is that it's better to have and not need, than to need and not have. Plus you're using your truck for work, right?

Im shopping for a new truck now. I parked my F250 extended cad long bed next to a new DC long bed Taco. There the exact same length. Im now considering the Access cab long bed.

Mine is a 4x4 TRD OR Auto DCSB, and I say that all depends of the use intended. I want a DC, and I'm not a contractor, so the SB in my case is enough for my personal requirements (that's it the occasional handyman's activities: transport of tools, wood, garden stuff, luggage, construction material, etc) and I ordered mine with the tow package to handle any exceptional load required. Also, I always want to keep my vehicles in the garage (that's what that place was made for, right?) and the long bed will barely fit in it. Also as a personal opinion, aesthetically, I like much more the looks and proportions of the DCSB over the DCLB, (aside of maneuverability concerns in city and tight spaces). I think that if I need a LB probably will be inclined for a full size truck (as I have one a few years ago, and it served very well); but it seems that any option (DC, SC, SB, LB) has its own niche of preferences and that's the reason why all of them are actually supplied by Toyota.

Last edited:
I have a DCLB with an ARE Overland shell. I'm 5'6" and with bags and pillows it's just perfect plus wiggle room. More likely to high center though. Worth the trade off when your camping in bear/lion country and can close everything up.

16' TRD Off Road DCLB Inferno

Back