MLB thread

who said anything about winning lol

are the White Sox still in contention to set that AL standard
i must now refresh what it is...

if White Sox have the opportunity to set that AL standard they are NOT done until 162 is in the books

this appears to be the modern-era standard

2003Detroit TigersAL43119.26547

AL central has historically been a weaker division for a long time. It really comes down to which top teams are the hottest during the last month of the season.

Beaten by the lowly tigers is a new low for the white sox. Yeah, I'm sure their just waiting just for the right time to make a big run for the playoffs.

Last edited:
Perez got some cheese and slams a four grand
Sonic slam inning some body made 25k$

The 1962 Mets set the modern-era record for losses in a season with 120. With an even month left in the season, Chicago has lost 104 games, three losses ahead even of the ’62 Mets’ pace for the season.

The White Sox need to go 12-15 to avoid tying the record. They haven’t done that over a 27-game stretch since May. At the moment, they’ve lost 37 of their past 41 contests.

View attachment 47103

At 31-105, the Sox are 74 games under .500 for the first time in franchise history. They need to go 12-14 in their final 26 games to avoid tying the 1962 Mets (40-120) for the most losses in modern-day major-league history.
The kind of history you DON'T want to be remembered for..
Again I honestly feel for the guys. No body want to suck like that..Probably don't even want to show up anymore.

Back