needing a new MT clutch procedure

True. but you totally missed the point. Allow me to be more concise.

If you don't handle the repair in a timely manner, then you will have a breakdown. Milking for a target mileage for brag points will only lead to frustration when the breakdown happens.

I have never seen a breakdown happen at a convenient time or place. Typically, Murphy's law will prevail to leave you in the most remote location without phone service or nearby parts or a mechanic.

stuck dead center on a two-lane narrowest of bridges crossing the Mississippi, holding up semitruck traffic and making a scene whilst waiting for the wrecker to come on up here and get me off this bridge dammit
LOL o_O

will ANY of these parts also need to be replaced?

330990D.png

Any part that moves is subject to wear. Depends on the condition and function of the part to determine if it needs replacement/repair.

Any part that moves will be subject to wear. Stationary parts can be subject to wear from moving parts. All parts are subject to corrosion.

It depends on the condition and function of the part to determine if repair/replacement is needed.

Sorry about that. Did a second post due to slow internet speeds and response ths morning....................

Any part that moves will be subject to wear. Stationary parts can be subject to wear from moving parts. All parts are subject to corrosion.

It depends on the condition and function of the part to determine if repair/replacement is needed.

Sorry about that. Did a second post due to slow internet speeds and response ths morning....................

why are you sorry??
don't be that guy!

I think we're in the homestretch here...
Debating on whether to drop it off in the Chicago 'burbs and pickup TBD
Or not

7-March-2o23

Curious if the pilot bearing has a resonant frequency or not to grumble

Last edited:
Could it be the pressure plate making these weird sensations down under there?

Could it be the pressure plate making these weird sensations down under there?
Well...............you can guess or I could guess or the Internet or Timmy Toolman.

But the hard reality is none of us will know until you get a mechanic to look at it and run diagnostics.

Overall, based on all your descriptions of the truck's multiple ailments, it could be the radio rattling in the dashboard. Until you put hands on the issue to run diagnostics, its anyone's guess. All guesses are ok, but none are correct unless verified.

Then once the problem is identified, it will be time to cure the issue. This will take $$, parts. time and labor.

Kinda reminds me of an old HeeHaw skit. "Doctor, it hurts when I do this."

? So No seasoned taco mechanics on this forum that have experiences with gen1 taco?
Or manual transmission

Nearly all of those parts changers would not ever tell me jackcrap about ???s I have to get more knowledge about all of it

Well...............you can guess or I could guess or the Internet or Timmy Toolman.

But the hard reality is none of us will know until you get a mechanic to look at it and run diagnostics.

Overall, based on all your descriptions of the truck's multiple ailments, it could be the radio rattling in the dashboard. Until you put hands on the issue to run diagnostics, its anyone's guess. All guesses are ok, but none are correct unless verified.

Then once the problem is identified, it will be time to cure the issue. This will take $$, parts. time and labor.

Kinda reminds me of an old HeeHaw skit. "Doctor, it hurts when I do this."

should i contact the local transmission shop that has good marks of competence on the interwebs and radio but does all makes and models
or the Yota dealer service shop to get some diagnosing done

and how many hundreds of dollars 400? 500?? do you suppose this would be to diagnose?
when they would have to dismantle the clutch from the transmission to visually inspect the gears and whatnots
i really do not have much of a clue here :confused:

Go to the shop. Ask them.

Typically, there is a charge for diagnostic work. Many times, if the shop does the repair, then the diagnostic fee is applied to the invoice.

Although, this is not a universal practice. YOU need to talk to the shop.

If I was there, I could drive the truck to the shop for you...................

Toyota dealer service shop?

would they be the best equipped and knowledgeable experience in Toyota parts to handle it with zero issues

Back