noticeable increase in fuel consumption, losing 50 tacoMiles per tank of tacoJuice... what is going on?

Ok.....Again.

Octane does nothing for adding horsepower or cleaning. It has 1 purpose and 1 purpose only. That is to help prevent PRE-DETONATION (aka engine ping).

If you want to cough up an additional $10 on 20 gallons of fuel....knock yourself out. Ironically, you'll burn most of that running to/from that BP station.

Have you considered the "expert's" Mercedes might be a POS??? I don't mean Point Of Sale.

When I told the guy about the BPs up the river and how it's over 4$ a gallon compared his store only 389c minus 15c off BP card
He said and it's probably 92 octane?
I told him actually it's only 91
He said get the heck out screw that

You can't deny you've now run over to the dark side. We'll just put you on probation this time. Just don't let it happen again.:oops:

There is extremely valuable information there that cannot be found here, unfortunately

? The detergents in the ultimate premium are more than the lower cost e10 87 octane?

Not likely. The "detergent" level is controlled by the Feds regarding what and how much.

No advantage to a blender to add more than the minimum required by Fed Law.

When I had a discussion with a retired shell company engineer in quebec, their standards for regular 87 grade is pretty loose what additives are blended to achieve 87. He told me it's much stricter what can only be used for premium. To get a top tier fuel rating at the pumps, top tier companies must meet the minimum level of detergents in their fuel. These discount places don't, and generally buy stocks that lack these detergents. My gen3 tacoma owners manual states to use only top tier fuels.

so after 3 tanks (almost 1k miles) of the premium tacoJuice, two tanks of BP ultimate 93 and 1 Shell vPower Nitro+ 91
the fuel economy did NOT change much noticeable

wheeled 340 miles and filled 17.50 gallons
that is only average of 19,42 mpg... when it probably should be closer to 21 mpg under similar driving routine

whut now??

You could try mixing in a few gallons of diesel.

It is more energy dense per lb than gasoline. You could find those lost mpgs.

I think my rigs RPMs are riding much higher than normal used to be is the issue
But IDK SMH FML

You could try mixing in a few gallons of diesel.

It is more energy dense per lb than gasoline. You could find those lost mpgs.
Now your killing me:D...it really doesn't work that way for an engine designed with a 9 to1 compression ratio.
True story, when we were in quebec back in the day with our snowmobiles, one of our guys accidentally pumped 5 galloons of diesel in his 10 gallon plus snowmobile tank during a gas stop before realizing he used the wrong pump. Sled ran for a minute, or two then farted, and sputtered before crapping out. We had to syphon the tank nearly dry, plus empty the carb bowels before refilling the sleds tank with new fuel.
Putting a couple gallons of gasoline in the tank for a diesel engine in the cold winter months works fine....it keeps diesel fuel from jelling.

I think my rigs RPMs are riding much higher than normal used to be is the issue
But IDK SMH FML
Higher rpm with devour more fuel, Does it require you to press the gas pedal harder, so it make's more rpm to push the same mass? Thats classic for a manual powered vehicle with a tired engine.
I can tell you with my gen3, seeing 1400 rpm while doing around 50 mph, my truck gets just short of 24 mpg. At 1800 rpm, while doing 70 mph, your down to 22, and change.

Back