noticeable increase in fuel consumption, losing 50 tacoMiles per tank of tacoJuice... what is going on?

I was thinking more like a 10:1 ratio. 10 gallons gasoline mixed with 1 gallon diesel.

Frankly, I think his truck is just plain worn out. All the engine internals must have massive clearances compared to a new engine.

Once upon a lifetime or 3 ago. We had a 3 hp Briggs & Scrapem engine on a push mower. It was well used. To start, it needed full choke and generous ether with vigorous pulling on the starter rope. Typically, 10- 15 minutes of rope pulling before it would fire. Once it began to run, you could mow the yard. If it stalled part way thru the mow, well you were done for the day. You could actually hear the piston rattle in the bore as you pulled the rope. Eventually, it tossed the rod thru the side of the ccase.

My point is the internals can be pretty well scrapped and the engine will run. It will suffer power loss and increased fuel consumption.

Should I get the compression numbers checked again
Will those numbers tell any tales?

Wise man says, he who puts all his time, and resources into an old used up gen1 taco, ends up with no resources, and no truck.

just take well care of it and it will take well care of U
is what most wise person would say, yes? no?

If you ever learned anything, there's a lifespan for everything including us, no matter how long you try to prolong we live. It's the same for vehicles, unless you have very deep pockets, which apparently you must.

New trucks all in all are absurdly priced in today's environment
Plus they be built like sh$t is wot some are finding out and posting
70k$ plus likely more that isn't gonna last long time term at all
No frickin way

That happens when you miss the train. You've sunk thousands into an old worn out truck thats not worth much to anyone except yourself. As far as these new trucks built like chit, thats your opinion. Overprice? I can't argue you on that with today's inflation prices. At least my gen3 right now is worth nearly what I bought it for back in 2020. It's been a fine truck so far, cheaper to operate than my gen1 tundra when you come down to it. You could make any vehicle last forever if you keep dumping thousands into it every time something major craps out, but in the end it's only worth what someone will pay for it.
One thing I do know will happen, sooner, or later there will be a cutoff point that parts will become nla. Every manufacture does it. You think today's truck prices are high....wait till you try to find out what new old stock will cost you if anyone still has it.

genuine parts could definitely be an issue now that youngest Gen1 is 20 yrs old 2oo4 last year
if no aftermarket parts picks it up, there are still plentiful #s of old Tacomas out there in the far west and south so there is a market for them going forward with no serious issues that anybody has yet to unearth on these trucks (other than the framerott, obviously)
why would you ever think i care give a Fukk about what it's 'worth' to anyone piece of waste

this Gen2 my relative has after just 12 years is a rattly can of crap over every small little bump that i have NO CLUE where this rattle is originating
the passenger seat rattles BAD over any bump if no one is sitting in it and its not adjusting forward properly
who knows what is going to be next on this rig ?!?

Gen3 and now horrific Gen4 has negative 'charm' value currently TOO MANY OUT THERE and would likely cost a sh$tton more to modify so it looks like no other junk taco on the roads right now and here

Have you considered going into a Ridgeline or Frontier or anything that isn't Toyota? You seem deeply disappointed with Toyota products. Perhaps you should try another brand.

Trade in your Gen 1 to recover all those big $$ you claim its worth for a trade on the next ride.

He's got way too much invested in toyota to jump ship. Besides any vehicle with that kind of high mileage is worth only its weight in scrap to a dealer. His best bet to collect that 6 figure amount, is to pawn it off on one of his gen1 groupies.

afaik I be near the tippyTop of that 'gen1 groupie' i am in the elite tier, younger look up to I because i possess the storied experience some do not
only a handful that i know of have had a gen1 for longer than i
AND two of those peers got themselves a gen3 and a gen2, respectively
just tacoJohn in Denver and perhaps one other that is not very active posting can top the years spent with gen1anddone

exploring a trade-in would NOT even cover the Taxes Owed on one of them fancy bloated new behemoth tacoma, tundra or T4R
chew on that there.

Only thing seen here is you've be brainwashed by your fellow gen1 groupies.

afaik I be near the tippyTop of that 'gen1 groupie' i am in the elite tier, younger look up to I because i possess the storied experience some do not
only a handful that i know of have had a gen1 for longer than i
AND two of those peers got themselves a gen3 and a gen2, respectively
just tacoJohn in Denver and perhaps one other that is not very active posting can top the years spent with gen1anddone

exploring a trade-in would NOT even cover the Taxes Owed on one of them fancy bloated new behemoth tacoma, tundra or T4R
chew on that there.
Yeah, that says it all. Now, let me go get my hip waders.

Wow.....exceptionally delusional. He believes younger generations look up to him. ROFLMAO. Boomer blinders.

Amazing how he keeps grinding on this. What's that old saying.....something about a horse and water.

You mean a mule....horses are intelligent. I was able to read some for the same bs he posts on tw, as what goes on here. He's a regular with his gen1 groupies.

Wheeled 340 miles on a tank of 87 e10 17.7 gallons
No noticeable change after the three tanks of e0 93 and 91 octane
Just like You All said before
LMAO

Last edited:
Back