noticeable increase in fuel consumption, losing 50 tacoMiles per tank of tacoJuice... what is going on?

could it all have been nothing more than a case of a badly gummed up throttle body...
:confused: :confused::confused:

It was just cleaned serviced in last October 2o23
or so I understood it to be done

codes were scanned and NONE were found...
that is a good thing?
Yes?
No?

Hey....ya know...... I can make my calculator show "Shell Oil"

gotta turn it upside down.....

so if the throttle body is all gummed up and won't open properly will the ecm tell it to dump more fuel in it is not getting enough air mixture
How does that all work?

Nope. Other way around. Less air, less fuel. ECM will work to maintain the correct air:fuel ratio.

Less air + more fuel = rich mixture ie moving away from the proper ratio.

They told me if that maf was faulty that it would've had a code trigger and CEL
Codes scanned and none found

They told me if that maf was faulty that it would've had a code trigger and CEL
Codes scanned and none found
Not necessarily. I've clean many a maf sensor that never triggered a cel, yet still affected the vehicles fuel economy. Only time they triggered the cel was when they were really fouled bad with oil.

It was difficult to tell if these handful of guys at the dealer knew much or had a good grasp onit all
my advisor did schedule the truck with the senior lead tech
But the boss blamed the bad mpg on the cold weather :confused:

You should have had the same fuel milage all winter not just for the last month. They start with winter fuel way back in the fall.

truck was in the repair shop for 12 weeks until 2-22-24
Did not see any real winter driving

Should I chat with the shop boss's boss about the cold weather comment the boss made
:confused:

You must have fuel mileage records of all the past winters you drove your truck in.....compare the current to that.

Not necessarily. I've clean many a maf sensor that never triggered a cel, yet still affected the vehicles fuel economy. Only time they triggered the cel was when they were really fouled bad with oil.

how would the MAF be fouled with oil? how does oil get there
wouldn't there be a bunch of oily in the air filter housing assembly?

Back