shimmy in the steering upon hard rapid braking...

Let me float you out this if you desire an education....instead of aimlessly roaming the countryside, enroll yourself into one of these automotive tech schools. You'll get a proper education instead of trying to sort of what online bs is good, and what is not.

You can't learn the intricate stuff by being self taught. It's why they have schools, and teachers. You need the hands on experience only teachers can give by showing the right way its done. We'd all be back riding horses if the case. Too many today don't want to be schooled, instead spoon fed.

Last edited:
i have read or heard that some of them 'schools' are a FkN rip you off the big time
very good at teaching you in the slopway hackway that i am encountering nowdays

so what teacher is it that instructs the pupil to use the improper tool and to fukkover a +400$ part by using the improper tool ?

what teacher is it that instructs the pupil to NOT properly torque and cotter key pin a lower ball joint castle nut

what teacher is it that instructs the pupil to install a wheel bearing backWards so that it ends up failing with the quickness because the preLoad is not achieved properly

what teacher is it that instructs the pupil to not put shiitt that had to be removed out of the way in an engine compartment back in the proper order in which they originally found it ??

what teacher is it that instructs the pupil to not put shiitt that had to be removed out of the way in an engine compartment back in the proper order in which they originally found it ??
You need to understand time is money to a business. Most techs are on flat rate so they try to do more jobs in less time to earn more. Not every tech is qualified to be one, just like we have bad teachers. Kind of tells me you never had a job in the private sector....am I right?

U need to understand you do not prick around with other peoples (paying customers) personal property in such a manner, especially when they (customer) are porking out some good coin for YOU (the highly paid professional) to do the damned job right proper the 1st time through

i treated ALL vehicles that came into my bay for service with the utmost care and best quality as i could manage because that is how i roll
and not some sloppy hacked zeroFukkD

I'm a bit confused....why do you keep asking for all this service info then, if you already claim to know how to do the proper job?

Typical Ken behavior.

Ask for help. Then bitch it doesnt' agree with what he thought. To top off, there isn't a single shop in the USA that is able to perform the work to his satisfaction. Yet, Ken is unable to do the work himself.

Its all about drama, "poor me", mentality.

I've given up hope this individual actually wants help. I believe he mostly wants sympathy and agreement. Doesn't really want help.

FWIW, I seriously doubt the instructors are teaching poor habits. The mechanics are learning shortcuts because of employer pressure to turn vehicles and to push more work per hour for pay incentives.

Believe as you want.

I know a few techs here that will cut the time for labor on some jobs nearly in half while accomplishing it done to the same satisfactory result. These guys have many years of experience being master techs. They have acquired all the shortcuts vs what the book calls for.

Back