Tacoma Paparazzi

No pics of the one lone gen1 spotted on Skokie highway route 41 near highland Park Illinois after a 600 mile wheel into Lincoln land
I bet he saw me going other direction coz he saw me seeing him looking across the way on the fast highway

Do gen2 peeps get these looks or is it still too early??

No pics of the one lone gen1 spotted on Skokie highway route 41 near highland Park Illinois after a 600 mile wheel into Lincoln land
I bet he saw me going other direction coz he saw me seeing him looking across the way on the fast highway

Do gen2 peeps get these looks or is it still too early??
to the die-hard Taco lovers, i say yes.

My 4th gen Taco is here ! Well not really. But we pulled into RedRobin for lunch today (yes we were in teh wife's car otherwise these pictures would be in the "How often do ya park beside another Taco" thread) and there was my TRD Sport in BlueCrushMetallic. Dog Gonnit. it's a 2WD and AT but it still gives me hope the 6MT's are coming soon to Texas. They just bought this Taco May 29th and i sought out the senior couple that owns it and congratulated them. :)

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 1
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 1
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1
My 4th gen Taco is here ! Well not really. But we pulled into RedRobin for lunch today (yes we were in teh wife's car otherwise these pictures would be in the "How often do ya park beside another Taco" thread) and there was my TRD Sport in BlueCrushMetallic. Dog Gonnit. it's a 2WD and AT but it still gives me hope the 6MT's are coming soon to Texas. They just bought this Taco May 29th and i sought out the senior couple that owns it and congratulated them. :)
Are those the ones soon to have the major engine issues the tundra is having
WhattaclusterFCK Toyotas are now

Are those the ones soon to have the major engine issues the tundra is having
WhattaclusterFCK Toyotas are now
No no no. You are correct the 4th gen release has been a cluster fu** so far. THey were suppose to roll out in SEP 2023 but all these last minute problems have created havoc. It's not the engine but I just read some articles saying that the new Taco's 8-speed automatic transmissions are having the same issues as the 10-speed AT Tundra. Toyota used the same software and it's that "can't find the right gear" that the Tacoma had when they released the 3rd gen back in 2016. BUT I'M HOLDING OUT FOR THE 6MT SO I DON"T GIVE A HOOT ! :cool:

I've heard some sporadic issues with the 4th gen like any first year release. Much of it gets amplified now that we have this social media bs.
Smart buyers will give toyota 2-3 years to sort all these teething issues out. I've been a loyal toyota owner since 1978. Seems since the early 90's, you learn to avoid a first year new model release. It takes them about 3 years before they hit a home run. 2020 was the first time ever buying my tacoma. I've heard so much negative 3rd gen bs, it'll make you wonder what you bought. Imo, the truck is so close to perfect, it's crazy.

27 years speaks for itself I will say

Gen2 already falling apart in spots at 13yrs and less than 100k miles

You can restore any truck, or keep it running if you keep putting in new parts. It all depends how deep your pockets are.

pockets Not deep enough definitely for a new truck that today would likely run U more than 50k perhaps even 70K after all is done and done with taxes license fees and all that BS hoops to go through.. Do The Math
also, the nice sharp trucks today do Not have MT as option that i have found out about :confused:

Heck, you've blown thousands into that old clapped out truck without thinking it twice...sure....now you can't afford a newer one. Heard enough lame excuses from others that did similar. Eventually it ends up with no money, and no truck.
Here's a tip, instead of driving about to nowhere spending hundreds on fuel costs, meals, lodging, and truck maintenance, try staying put, and investing all you've saved. The only folks that do what your doing are independently wealthy, or homeless living off the government.

Last edited:
Back