The BS Thread To Rule Them All!!!

usually it is supposed to get warmer as the day goes on

not today!

started at 6 degrees before sunrise
then i saw 5
then 4
and now its 3 degrees

it was a special treat to do some city blizzard 4 wheelin' on the UNsalted roads yesterday
everything was so clean and fresh blowing snow everywhere at a mere 3 degrees
epic.

You guys got something against sodium? I haven't even use my 4wd this winter yet.

i reckon it is 2 damned cold for the normal sodium sh!itt they use to melt anything at below zero temps

they put massive saltspray down on the last weeks snow storm (pre storm) that turned into one sloppy mess with a bunch of dried white powder until this storm yesterday

Last edited:
one of the problems yesterday here was the i-80 through TacomaHa was closed in both east/west for many hours due to wipeouts and blowing snow
many of the crosscountry semi-truckers (probably from California) did NOT stop at the prior truckstops to wait the storm out and had to exit onto the city 2-lane highway to go around 5 miles and get back onto the interstate where it was open again.
this main city highway has a LOT of small hills at intersections and these inexperienced truckers were stopped at the turn lights stuck in a couple areas which backed up city traffic at around 4pm for miles in an industrial area with no real detours that are mostly deadends.

snow was still blowing and the plows could not make it through all that traffic :eek:

i reckon it is 2 damned cold for the normal sodium sh!itt they use to melt anything at below zero temps

they put massive saltspray down on the last weeks snow storm (pre storm) that turned into one sloppy mess with a bunch of dried white powder until this storm yesterday
I keep forgetting how cold it is over there. We have not seen cold like that in years around here.

the football game in Kansas City tonight could be the coldest NFL playoff game in history

he Kansas City Chiefs are urging fans to bundle up for game day at Arrowhead Stadium as the team prepares to take on the Miami Dolphins in what meteorologists are predicting will be brutally cold conditions Saturday night.

As a mix of freezing temperatures, powerful winds and heavy snow are expected to chill a large swath of the United States this weekend, the two teams are scheduled to face off in the AFC Wild Card Round matchup in Kansas City, Missouri, for what will be one of the coldest NFL games on record.

Tonight’s game starts at 7 p.m. CT. The air temperature at kickoff is forecast to be around 0 degrees Fahrenheit with a wind chill a bone-chilling -22 degrees, according to CNN Weather.

Sustained winds of 15 to 20 mph and gusts up to 40 mph throughout the game will only add to the misery. By the game’s end, the air temperature is expected to dip to -2 degrees with a wind chill around -23 degrees, meteorologists said.

The current high temperature expected for Kansas City on Saturday is around 5 degrees, according to the National Weather Service, which would be the coldest high temperature on record in the area for the date, according to CNN Weather.

The current record-coldest high temperature for Kansas City on January 13 is 9 degrees, which was set in 1982.

Weather service meteorologists are predicting “dangerously cold” weather in the Kansas City area through next week.

Fans fighting to keep warm in the stands Saturday are allowed to bring blankets into Arrowhead Stadium, where there will be warming stations and hot chocolate available, according to Chiefs officials.

“There will be a significant risk of frostbite for spectators who are not bundled up correctly. It takes about 30 minutes for frostbite to occur in wind chills near what’s forecast,” said CNN meteorologist Mary Gilbert.

But could it become cold enough for officials to cancel the showdown between the Chiefs and Dolphins? It’s unlikely, as the NFL has never canceled or postponed a game due to low temperatures, according to NFL communications director Tim Schlittner.

“There is no temperature threshold for cancellation/postponement,” Schlittner told CNN in an email.

In the northeast, the National Weather Service issued a winter storm warning through Monday, including possible blizzard conditions, which could affect the Buffalo Bills game against the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFL Wild Card game in Orchard Park, New York, on Sunday.

While not quite as cold as Kansas City, the Buffalo area will still see game-time temperatures in the low 20s and a wind chill only slightly above 0 thanks to 30 to 45 mph wind gusts.

There is some good news for fans, as the Bills’ home turf of Highmark Stadium will now allow spectators to wear battery-heated clothing to keep warm, according to CNN affiliate WKBW.

Conditions for Saturday’s Chiefs-versus-Dolphins game will be frigid, but how does the weather compare to past games played in extremely cold conditions?

1705167622391.png

Last edited:
how the heck is it 7 degrees above zero in Minneapolis right now??
and 25 above zero in Milwaukee right now
that is a heat wave lmao

The sodium chloride based deicer is effective to about 15F.

Below that, the municipality needs to change to a magnesium chloride base deicer. This is effective to about -10F.

Below -10F..............SOL. Sand is the best bet for grippion.

Back