The BS Thread To Rule Them All!!!

Thats one of the reasons I'm not a fan of manual trannys....sooner, or later you'll be replacing parts.....thats a given. You change the atf in an auto regularly, and you'll not have issues for a much longer time.

you can HOPE that changing the fluid in AT will prevent failure but my research is saying no to that not always the case with that torque converter and solenoid crap
i do not see this gen2 AT lasting anywhere near the length of the Gen1 R150F

You can have issues with a manual as well depending how it's built, or operated. Later toyota autos are pretty stout. I couldn't find any fault with my 01 tundras 4 speed auto....even after I ran an aftermarket atf in it that caused the transmission to shift weird from what it normally did. It needed a flush with the toyota atf back in it, to operate normal again. That transmission I believe is still in the truck running well today.

Well it got so warm today here in North Texas I found the dogs to be sunbathing on teh dormant grass in the backyard. It was 78 degrees by three o'clock.:oops:

Attachments

• image0 copy.jpeg
    image0 copy.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 5
you can HOPE that changing the fluid in AT will prevent failure but my research is saying no to that not always the case with that torque converter and solenoid crap
i do not see this gen2 AT lasting anywhere near the length of the Gen1 R150F
You should realize that there will be a higher number of people with complaints that support your theory. Those who don't have a problem never jump on the internet to say "Hey, I don't have a problem with my AT."

Frankly, I suspect your research is heavily biased.

Find me a 4cyl AT inna 4x4 that will not struggle to maintain 70 mph in D going up the Iowa hills
Without MANually forcing it into gear 3 to build those revs to power onward up the hilly

I have read the 5 MT does not have this ish...
Not sure if gen2 has a six MT or not so I guessed at 5sp

again... The single cab not offered in v6 since 1997
So not much of choice!

2.7 does well in 3rd gear... Gets to 90mph in plenty of time for my needs
Just keep it outta that D

again... The single cab not offered in v6 since 1997
So not much of choice!

2.7 does well in 3rd gear... Gets to 90mph in plenty of time for my needs
Just keep it outta that D
I can get a lot of 4 bangers to go 90 if I wind the piss out of the engine, so what's the point? .....you're only killing the engine sooner as an end result. As far as single cabs, they became more scarce than a manual in these trucks. Dealers have told me when doing a trade, that the only things that save a higher mileage toyota pickup is the extra cab, and if you bought it with an auto, otherwise their worth nothing to them.

Yeah, I'm sure its told you that in so many words. Do you whip your 80 year old grandma telling her she needs to work harder?

Back