The BS Thread To Rule Them All!!!

Buddy of mine just stopped by for visit this evening from north carolina with a frozen feral hog shoulder he bow shot down there. Looks like I got some smoking, or roasting chores this weekend. I never cooked up wild hog before.

Buddy of mine just stopped by for visit this evening from north carolina with a frozen feral hog shoulder he bow shot down there. Looks like I got some smoking, or roasting chores this weekend. I never cooked up wild hog before.
Hey Joel just be careful and Im dead serious. I always thought feral hogs is a great deal like venison or elk meat but when I moved back to Texas a few years back two of my native cousin Texans told me don't eat the meat. It's got all kinds of bad joo joo that could make ya sick. They have a 90 acre patch of property near Bonham, Texas that they hunt deer with. And they have a huge feral hog problem. They trap them then kill them, then discard the carcass's. I haven't hunted wild game in over 30 years so I can not say for sure. At least google it and see what comes up. Just my 2¢. :)

Hey Joel just be careful and Im dead serious. I always thought feral hogs is a great deal like venison or elk meat but when I moved back to Texas a few years back two of my native cousin Texans told me don't eat the meat. It's got all kinds of bad joo joo that could make ya sick. They have a 90 acre patch of property near Bonham, Texas that they hunt deer with. And they have a huge feral hog problem. They trap them then kill them, then discard the carcass's. I haven't hunted wild game in over 30 years so I can not say for sure. At least google it and see what comes up. Just my 2¢. :)
Yeah, I've heard you can get ill from any pork especially the feral type if not throughly cooked to 185 degrees. The wife is jewish so I don't need to worry about her trying any, even if I say its kosher...lol. I've been told more than once I can eat stuff that many would get sick on. Wife tells me all the time you eat things that would make a goat puke.

Ooops. After a quick google search I see there are no Rudy's BBQ in Nebraska. Sorry about that. Well, when you make that roadtrip to the El Paso/Mexico border, stop by a Rudy's there and get you some delicious barbecue. :)

is it near the end of this road?

1706377090469.png

it is still currently broken at the Mississippi river crossing afaik

The bridge is scheduled to reopen on Oct. 2, 2024.

Last edited:
Back