The BS Thread To Rule Them All!!!

I was wrong Jay. I'm getting old. It wasn't Bodacious. The name of the bull that almost killed Charlie was "KissMe" and I can't find one picture of him and Charlie on the entire internet.

Bulls Had Their Say In NFR's Title Chase​

Willard H. Porter
Published 12:00 a.m. CT Jan. 13, 1985

"Wacey Cathey of Big Spring, Texas, mounted a big, muley bull from Florida called Kiss Me. (The same bull that injured Charlie Sampson at Landover, Md., in 1983.) He scored 87 on Kiss Me and the house went crazy. It was the first successful ride of the afternoon."

I saw the same video awhile ago on tw. Any real master tech would never use a pair of channel locks to remove the composite oil filter housing like in this video.

Last edited:
Cool.....antoher "Master Tech" who is a hack mechanic with a how to video on the internet.

Couple key points.....There is a 3/8" square drive on the oil filter, better option than channel locks. The special o-ring lube....plain fresh motor oil is plenty, then he digs around on the o-ring with a pick. Prime way to nick the seal and start a leak. Oh well, good luck to his customers from AZ and CA.

good grief. Be very careful who you follow for maintenance procedures.

They sell a special tool for about $30 made to remove those composite oil canister housings so you don't crack them using a pair of channel locks. The 3/8'' drive fitting is for the filters drain plug which is torqued to a fraction of the what the composite housing is. This is really a very simple system that there's no need to hack it up.

My brother picks up his hybrid rave4 tomorrow from the body shop. Its been a bit of a wait.
We get nearly double the mpg with our prius than that highlander in the video. My brother was getting nearly 40 mpg with his hybrid rave4 before it got crashed.

Last edited:
Yeah, got a quote for about $6k in our prius whenever it fails. Figure to trade in, or sell the car this year at some point around august.....it's 12 years old

They sell a special tool for about $30 made to remove those composite oil canister housings so you don't crack them using a pair of channel locks. The 3/8'' drive fitting is for the filters drain plug which is torqued to a fraction of the what the composite housing is. This is really a very simple system that there's no need to hack it up.
Interesting. Didn't know about the filter drain plug. Apparently, neither did the "mechanic". But I don't believe Toyota intended for channel locks or a bar and hammer to be used on the filter housing. egads.

Motivx sells a special oil housing wrench for this job. Using channel locks is about as bad a hack job can get. This so called master tech claims he decided to go into his own business after working as an ace for everyone else. Kind of makes one wonder if he was fired instead.
As far as the filter drain plug...generally when you purchase an oil filter, whether toyota, or aftermarket, a drain nipple, and 2 o rings are supplied with it. You can even buy one of these nipples from motivx that thread in complete with a drain hose.

Just came back from cvs here picking up my meds. While parked there, and inside the store, some ahole parked next to my taco with a ford escape.... their passenger side door less then a ft from my taco's driver's door not allowing me to get in my truck. I had to scoot into my passenger side door, and then into the drive seat....another pita. I thought about waiting till this bozo came back to their ford, but it just wasn't worth it. If I was younger I would have went back in the store, and dragged that moron out to show them what they did. I guess I'm getting soft.

Back