Thinking of trading in

Really when you think of it who needs a manual for these trucks in todays day, and age.

I do, I'd rather have a manual transmission in a four-wheel-drive over any automatic transmission. IMO a manual transmission is much better when you're four wheeling, you can feel the tires grabbing the dirt much better than if you're in an automatic, like I said IMO. The fact is that there are thousands of complaints about the Tacoma automatic transmissions with shifting issues.

Maybe the tacoma's have a better clutch that the older 4x4 pickups? Never owned a tacoma till this 2020. I use tow boats, and enclosed snowmobile trailers with my old compact toyota pickups that had a manual transmission. Clutch would start chattering bad when around 60k miles.

I never had another tacoma except this 2020 sr5 v6. I came from a 2001 tundra v8. My 2020 sr5 performs just fine. It gets good gas mileage, and makes more power than the tundra i had. I've heard a lot of weird issues with older gen3 trucks as some don't work as well as others.

Back