TRUCK GUNS!! Rifles? Handgun?

I have a friend in Western Colorado experiencing extraction issues on his MS Safari framed 1911. Any recommendation on a 1911 gunsmith on the western slope.

Since were posting memes….

Attachments

• 478962DC-32F1-450B-8EF7-D909935FF60F.jpeg
    478962DC-32F1-450B-8EF7-D909935FF60F.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 4
Not trying to be funny, but is a recoil pad really necessary for a .410? Those shotguns are only effective with slugs. We use to piss off grey squirrels with .410's with birdshot.
Not needed. But I didn't want to mess with the original butt plate so I picked up a cheapy I could velcro in place. The butt stock makes a handy, if small, storage spot.

As to effectiveness, I've taken birds up to the size of pheasant with a .410. Rabbits and coyote are also fair game.

I have an old 10 ga. marlin super goose shotgun my grandfather gave me that i had to put a good recoil pad on. I remember shooting for the 1st time at age 14. My shoulder hurt for a week.
As far as the .410, we use to hunt rabbits with one....was pretty effective. Pheasant's not so much unless you were right on top of them. I had a choice of a 12 ga., or a 20 for those birds.

I have an old 10 ga. marlin super goose shotgun my grandfather gave me that i had to put a good recoil pad on. I remember shooting for the 1st time at age 14. My shoulder hurt for a week.
As far as the .410, we use to hunt rabbits with one....was pretty effective. Pheasant's not so much unless you were right on top of them. I had a choice of a 12 ga., or a 20 for those birds.

What most folks forget is that with birds as large as pheasant you need to use a larger shot size than you would with a larger guage shotgun.

When i went hunting with the .410, i pretty much stuck with using #5, and 6 shot. It'd piss off grey squirrels, but was decent on rabbits, and partridge. You just needed to be a better shot than using a 20, or 12 ga.

The best thing for anyone who carries a firearm in their vehicle to do is to NOT have any decals for anything gun related. There are too many democrats out there who would willfully lie to police by telling them that you had waved a firearm at them. There are reports out there of people being pulled over for this and being arrested when the police find a firearm in the vehicle. Don't advertise that you like firearms, especially if you live in an area known for being predominantly left leaning. The left wants to take away your firearms and they will do and say anything to make people scared of those of us who do have them.

The best thing for anyone who carries a firearm in their vehicle to do is to NOT have any decals for anything gun related. There are too many democrats out there who would willfully lie to police by telling them that you had waved a firearm at them. There are reports out there of people being pulled over for this and being arrested when the police find a firearm in the vehicle. Don't advertise that you like firearms, especially if you live in an area known for being predominantly left leaning. The left wants to take away your firearms and they will do and say anything to make people scared of those of us who do have them.
Thats why i don't even bother to carry anymore. Guns stay locked up in the house. When your surrounded by blue states in a blue state the less attention you attract with a firearm the better.

Thats why i don't even bother to carry anymore. Guns stay locked up in the house. When your surrounded by blue states in a blue state the less attention you attract with a firearm the better.

A dash cam would be a good investment if you think you might want to carry in your vehicle. Then you could prove that you had not done anything and that the other person is probably telling lies.

A dash cam would be a good investment if you think you might want to carry in your vehicle. Then you could prove that you had not done anything and that the other person is probably telling lies.
I'd have to wear a camera when out of the vehicle everywhere i went if carrying...ain't worth the trouble. I once got pulled over by a state cop after doing some black powder shooting practice when he noticed a tail light out. He noticed the gun on the front seat, but unloaded. After checking it himself, and me doing a whole lot of explaining, he ran my license, and registration then finally let me go with the tail light warning.

Back