Vibrations in steering wheel

Wow. The quick answer for me would be to return an un-balancable tire.

Yep...I did try that a few times....But also, this is my one and only truck, work and everyday driver. I'm self employed and just couldn't do without it. So I put up with it. Like I've said....probably my fault. should have put "better" on.

I'd like to have an update on how "stnsfnst" is proceeding with his problem. The originator of this conversation.

Yep...I did try that a few times....But also, this is my one and only truck, work and everyday driver. I'm self employed and just couldn't do without it. So I put up with it. Like I've said....probably my fault. should have put "better" on.

I'd like to have an update on how "stnsfnst" is proceeding with his problem. The originator of this conversation.
I'm curious too.

Found front right tire had twice the of weights maybe even 3x. But haven't had time to do much about it. Considering new rims and maybe wheel bearing all the way around, always wanted black rims anyway. What do you guys think is the best tire? I like the 33 bfgs except these ones lol but I will downsize if it need be. A buddy suggested UCAs could be the solution. thoughts?

Found front right tire had twice the of weights maybe even 3x. But haven't had time to do much about it. Considering new rims and maybe wheel bearing all the way around, always wanted black rims anyway. What do you guys think is the best tire? I like the 33 bfgs except these ones lol but I will downsize if it need be. A buddy suggested UCAs could be the solution. thoughts?
MAN!!!! This all brings back memories. I had this same thing during my struggles. I was under changing oil or something and noticed about 4 inches of very large weights. I can't remember what I did or even if I did anything. With me, It was always a time thing. Couldn't do without the truck.

As for changing rims....I had two sets and they both vibrated with the same tires. I agree with going to black. It's a good look.

I don't know what to tell you about brands. It would be nice if a dealer would "guarantee" for this. I guess just stick with a better brand. I would think BFG would be fine.

Good luck and please keep us informed.

MAN!!!! This all brings back memories. I had this same thing during my struggles. I was under changing oil or something and noticed about 4 inches of very large weights. I can't remember what I did or even if I did anything. With me, It was always a time thing. Couldn't do without the truck.

As for changing rims....I had two sets and they both vibrated with the same tires. I agree with going to black. It's a good look.

I don't know what to tell you about brands. It would be nice if a dealer would "guarantee" for this. I guess just stick with a better brand. I would think BFG would be fine.

Good luck and please keep us informed.
Any idea what these numbers mean? Might as well be another language for me20190820_211752.jpeg20190820_211744.jpeg

Any idea what these numbers mean? Might as well be another language for meView attachment 26996View attachment 26997
I've never seen anything like this. As it says, it all has to do with caster/camber and toe in. I had mine aligned once after about 200k miles. Didn't make any deference of course.

After getting a good set of tires my vibration went away. I'm convinced (with mine) that was the fix.

The best thing for me is that I am now driving MUCH less. I fill up the tank twice a month. I'm kinda retired. So these tires should last a few more years. After that.....I'll go back with the same.

Keep me informed.....this is all interesting. Maybe someone else will learn something...

Dropped tire pressure down to 36 and it helped tremendously. I was running 40 psi because I mostly drive highway and unfortunately mostly the 405 from orange county all the way up to lomita. If you are familiar with that stretch you'd know that it is nothing nice. I thought I was doing myself a favor as far as gas mileage and rims (lots of potholes) but sorry rims and it's not like I was getting great gas mileage anyways. Cant say it's fixed. Also read into transmissions today. Could be low on gear oil causing vibrations. Went to crack the tranny fill bolt and not a chance that was gonna happen with out something breaking. So gonna take it to a shop tomorrow and let them break it. Or maybe the wd40 will have made some progress by then
I've never seen anything like this. As it says, it all has to do with caster/camber and toe in. I had mine aligned once after about 200k miles. Didn't make any deference of course.

After getting a good set of tires my vibration went away. I'm convinced (with mine) that was the fix.

The best thing for me is that I am now driving MUCH less. I fill up the tank twice a month. I'm kinda retired. So these tires should last a few more years. After that.....I'll go back with the same.

Keep me informed.....this is all interesting. Maybe someone else will learn something...

Dropped tire pressure down to 36 and it helped tremendously. I was running 40 psi because I mostly drive highway and unfortunately mostly the 405 from orange county all the way up to lomita. If you are familiar with that stretch you'd know that it is nothing nice. I thought I was doing myself a favor as far as gas mileage and rims (lots of potholes) but sorry rims and it's not like I was getting great gas mileage anyways. Cant say it's fixed. Also read into transmissions today. Could be low on gear oil causing vibrations. Went to crack the tranny fill bolt and not a chance that was gonna happen with out something breaking. So gonna take it to a shop tomorrow and let them break it. Or maybe the wd40 will have made some progress by then
Yea...maybe the lower air pressure would change the "road harmonics" enough to help a little. I know mine would be worse on a long nice smooth stretch of road.

Keep us informed....good luck.

Ended up being unbalanced driveshaft, bearings in the transmission. Worn out leaf springs and control arm bushings as well as bent rims. Transmission started whining so I took it dealership truck was purchased at, capistrano toyota in orange county California. Too expensive for me to repair at the moment considering they said it would take 3 to 4 weeks. So I went and bought a 1999 honda crv 4wd to use as daily driver until I can track down the parts that I want to put back into my taco. Gives me time to build the truck how I want to without being limited to weekends. Gonna miss the taco but one day I'll drive it again. And atleast I still got 4wd [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji24]
Yea...maybe the lower air pressure would change the "road harmonics" enough to help a little. I know mine would be worse on a long nice smooth stretch of road.

Keep us informed....good luck.

Wow....what a issue this turned out to be....I hope this all gets fixed for you soon. Thanks for letting us know. And keep us informed on how the repairs go.

Good Luck with the Honda.

Haven't got to try them in the snow yet ,but awesome on the beach at 17 lbs.since it's been in the high 40 s here nice winter so far I can still take my '35 ford out for a whipping since they haven't salted any roads yet !

Haven't got to try them in the snow yet ,but awesome on the beach at 17 lbs.since it's been in the high 40 s here nice winter so far I can still take my '35 ford out for a whipping since they haven't salted any roads yet !
'35 Ford.....Nice! Been about the same for temps here......talking snow for us this weekend so will get to make some tracks in the snow! Nebraska DOT loves to spread salt.....they go down the hiway in front of the house and push snow into my driveway......usually sit at the end with my snowblower, mug of coffee and a cigar and blow the snow back out as they go by. LOL

Back