Want to upgrade wheels/tires with no lift

That’s great news! Thanks for the feedback. This is my first truck and trying to learn more about it. Seemed like the info on the web was all over the place lol. Seems like a great forum to learn on.

There’s some great help and information here. I don’t get to hang out as much as I’d like to, but these boys couldn’t run me off with a ****ty mop.

Hey Guys, new to the forum. I got a 2020 trd off road and im planning to switch my tires to 265/70/17 and my wheels to 17x9 with a -12 offset. I'm just wondering if that will cause some rubbing issues? Need your advice. Thanks a lot!
Try to get them with 0 offset and 4.5 backspace they should not rub mine have -12 and 4.5 backspace and rubbed backing in driveway full turn but they hit mud flaps. I trimmed front air damn too .i dont think offrd has air damn but may rub mud guards. An 8" rim should not rub .

Try to get them with 0 offset and 4.5 backspace they should not rub mine have -12 and 4.5 backspace and rubbed backing in driveway full turn but they hit mud flaps. I trimmed front air damn too .i dont think offrd has air damn but may rub mud guards. An 8" rim should not rub .

You are correct the OR does not have an air damn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the additional input! Since mine is the SR it doesn’t have mud flaps to worry about at least.

I think I read I need mag lug nuts? Anybody have a link to these so I buy the correct ones?

Yes it did. I ended up finding some info that I do need the mag lug nuts with the washer style. Like you mentioned the ones on the steel wheels are a different style.

Once everything arrives I will be sure to report back. I did get the falken tires in. Amazon shipped them fast! 588 shipped for the 265 70/17’s.

Hello all! Just wanted to give a shoutout to everyone that provided information/advice in this forum. I just read through all 15 pages and learned a lot.

I'm currently saving for new wheels/tires and leaning towards Falken 265/70/17 Wildpeaks with 17" wheels 0 offset. In reading through the pages, this should fit stock just fine. But would you all recommend getting front spacers/Bilsteins/etc to level the front?

Maybe one day down the road I will do a 3" lift all around, but for now I'm not too worried about that. This is my daily driver so mainly highway and street use. Might take it on some light trails for camping at some point but nothing crazy.

upload_2021-1-21_13-59-38.jpeg

I did 3/4 spacer which bumped front 1.5 inches and 1.5 GMC shackle block in rear fit perfect when i need front shocks ill do bilstein 5100' s which are tried and true . i just go out on the beach so did not need huge lift its mainly a street truck:)20190115_163416.jpg

Thanx, I got the 3/4 "thick front block that gives you 1.5 " lift just check the grade of billet they are cut from ,on ebay 50 ish bucks i believe and the rear blocks came off a stock 2015 Z-71 from the factory.they fit p erfect but i drilled the spring/shock plates and used 5/8 u bolt kit from advanced auto.those were like 35 bucks .my friend lifted his Z-71 so he gave me the blocksfor the rear .i posted pictures of them somewhere here on site but it was about a year ago .ill look for them

Back