What did you do with your Taco today

Discussion in '2016 - 2023 Toyota Tacoma' started by jdr3366, Oct 7, 2018.

1. rickc5

rickc5 Member

The installer claimed that the installation of the tune was NOT detectable by Toyota. Not sure what they would do if they could detect it. Don't really care--for now.

Cape taco and B-Man like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. rickc5

rickc5 Member

The truck doesn't accelerate as if it has a supercharger (which costs about $8000), but there seems to be a bit more power when you punch it. The overall driveability of the truck is where I see and feel the difference, and it's fantastic.

OneDog and B-Man like this.
  4. sjoh527

sjoh527 Well-Known Member

8BC1F800-CB48-4539-9473-C75314B6559C.jpeg B608EA10-9D29-4135-9145-1E826D467CF5.jpeg 5DA818ED-9E65-4CB9-9793-3E4F8C4C4F7E.jpeg F5B9620F-6093-4B36-9317-BB4279971586.jpeg Well All,

it’s been a minute… but I’m finally back. Been extremely busy but hope to be on here much more now. I’ve also been busy with my Taco

OneDog and B-Man like this.
  5. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

Looks like the dash on a phantom jet lol cool !

B-Man and sjoh527 like this.
  6. sjoh527

sjoh527 Well-Known Member

Hah it does seem like a cockpit a bit. Right now only 3 of those are active but I plan on all 6 being used here in a bit. I still have to install the rear flood lights for chase/backup lights, they have backlights so this will consume 2 ports. I’ve been putting them off cause I’ve been lazy and don’t want to run the wire. Then I’ll have my coms on the last switch. However… I may need an additional controller as I may tie more things in. Some people run 2-6 port controllers, but I think at most I’d need would be 10.

B-Man and Cape taco like this.
  7. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

Is it me or does it take forever to charge your phone in the taco, from the dash usb ports ? I drove an hour in my truck last week and only charged about 6%! Really?

B-Man likes this.
  8. 24-7

24-7 Well-Known Member

B-A-T-H
    20210930_180219.jpg

Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  9. 24-7

24-7 Well-Known Member

Got mini light bar working again.
    20210930_180455.jpg

10. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Dang! That's a good lookin' Taco!

11. 24-7

24-7 Well-Known Member

Thank you

B-Man likes this.
  12. Olli K

Olli K Well-Known Member

Today, I will look at my truck from my living room window. Dealing with a gout attack in the right foot, can't drive it. And I'll be reading through the manuals.

13. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

Gout sucks! Hope you feel better soon, Olli.

B-Man likes this.
  14. Olli K

Olli K Well-Known Member

I'm on the tail end of it. Foot is still a bit tender and sore but at least I got to drive my new truck! Even took it off the paved road and into a large field with deep ruts and what not, need to give it its first bath now.

If the weather is nice this weekend, I shoudl be able to get some more photos up.

15. OneDog

OneDog Well-Known Member

Looking for any recommendations on hood struts for 2019. Saw some on Amazon for $99.
    Thought I saw something on here 6 months ago. Any input would be appreciated.

16. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

I've been studying these.......bolt on for the 3rd gen Tacos........Sokietech..............

Scott Wyman and OneDog like this.
  17. OneDog

OneDog Well-Known Member

Great, that’s the video I could not locate. Thank you

18. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

You're welcome!

Scott Wyman likes this.
  19. OneDog

OneDog Well-Known Member

BTW , are you using these struts?
    If so, happy with the install and performance?

B-Man and Scott Wyman like this.
  20. OneDog

OneDog Well-Known Member

I contacted Dave the local KDMAX installer and he quoted $400. Is that what you paid?

Scott Wyman likes this.
  21. paposalsa

paposalsa Member

In Virginia that is what they charging for KDMAX tune .....

Scott Wyman and OneDog like this.