What did you do with your Taco today

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by jdr3366, Oct 7, 2018.

1. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Drove 'er to work...filled 'er with gas....drove 'er home. Highlight of my day was the drive to n from!

Scott Wyman and Cape taco like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

I wanted paintable smooth but they were out of stock and I did not feel like waiting another week

Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  4. stl2aus

stl2aus New Member

Fun, short video of the first foray off- road in my son's Tacoma TRD. The water go a little deep :). If you enjoy, please comment, like and/or subscribe. Thanks

#gameofdronesvideo

5. stl2aus

stl2aus New Member

Here's another, and last I promise, short video of my son taking me out on Father's Day. I hope you enjoy. Thanks!!!!!

Scott Wyman, Cape taco and B-Man like this.
  6. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Great videos!.........and Welcome!

Scott Wyman and Cape taco like this.
  7. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

Welcome to the family stl2aus! Great videos. Keep them coming.

Cape taco and B-Man like this.
  8. Tacklebox21

Tacklebox21 Well-Known Member

Really good cleaning inside and out. Rotated tires and painted calipers and drums.

Attached Files:

Cape taco, Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  9. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Drove 'er to the Gun Shop......came home with some .22LR!

Cape taco and Scott Wyman like this.
  10. 24-7

24-7 Well-Known Member

I filled the tank yesterday in prep for Hurricane Elsa.

Cape taco and B-Man like this.
  11. rickc5

rickc5 Member

Drove over Ophir Pass Wednesday. Great fun and spectacular views. The shale portion of the trail was MUCH rougher than I remembered, just had to take it slow.

B-Man, Cape taco and OneDog like this.
  12. OneDog

OneDog Well-Known Member

Were the snow walls at the top melted yet so you could easily turn around if you wanted?

B-Man likes this.
  13. OneDog

OneDog Well-Known Member

If you are in that area again take a few hours and go to Kennebec pass. Bonus views if you hike a little.

14. 24-7

24-7 Well-Known Member

Hoisted a big plant out of my Dad's truck to hang on his tree.
    20210711_114438.jpg

15. rickc5

rickc5 Member

The only snow we saw was at the 3-point corner about 1/4 way down the shale section from the top. Didn't impede our progress.

There were a couple of cars (not trucks/SUVs) parked at the top of the pass. Had to have been driven up from 550, as they wouldn't have been able to traverse the shale section.

16. paposalsa

paposalsa Member

Installed sidesteps, dechromed the badges and installed the black T A C O M A letter on tailgate.

Scott Wyman, Cape taco and B-Man like this.
  17. rickc5

rickc5 Member

Drove the truck over to Denver and had a KDMAX tune installed. OMG, what a world of difference. The transmission shifts like a real vehicle now. Really smooth shifts and NO MORE seeking between 4th, 5th and 6th. Worth every penny!

B-Man and Cape taco like this.
  18. OneDog

OneDog Well-Known Member

What year Tacoma? How much did it cost?

B-Man likes this.
  19. rickc5

rickc5 Member

2021, but that KDMAX "tune" is ONLY available for 3rd Gen V6 Tacomas. Not cheap, $400.00, but worth it. I would do it again in a heartbeat! Only wish I had done it sooner.

B-Man and OneDog like this.
  20. paposalsa

paposalsa Member

Will that Void the Factory Warranty?

B-Man likes this.
  21. OneDog

OneDog Well-Known Member

Thanks for reply. $400 is not a big deal if you feel the performance difference. Did your MPG change?
    I noticed pretty quickly my 19 is sluggish and shifts crazy when you give it a little poke. One thing I hate about it.
    Love to hear about other experiences with this.

B-Man likes this.