What did you do with your Taco today

Discussion in '2016 - 2023 Toyota Tacoma' started by jdr3366, Oct 7, 2018.

1. WooD

WooD WooD

I lived in Cincinnati 40 years. Got to drive in great multitudes of snow and ice. Blizzard of 1978 was fun times.

Now I love driving on the beach.

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Tape

Tape Well-Known Member

I avoid driving in Sand because they can get in all the cracks and crevices, seals and bearings and then you start having leaks and seeps then having to go to the auto parts store then getting your hands dirty and it goes on and on and on:(:mad::mad::mad::mad:

;)

Scott Wyman, Cape taco and B-Man like this.
  4. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

Me too !

B-Man, WooD and Scott Wyman like this.
  5. Cape taco

6. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

Nothing. It sat in the garage while I sat in the house. I looked at it when I took the trash out. Filthy truck. I'll wash it when it warms up some.

B-Man and Cape taco like this.
  7. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Washed mine last sunday......thinkin' bout gettin 'er out and heading to the gun club for some trigger-time!

Cape taco likes this.
  8. Cape taco

Got a new interstate battery to replace the factory Toyota from 2016. The guy at the Interstate store said that they are the supplyer for Toyota? 158.bucks 2nd free replacement 5 yr prorate. Works for me.700 crank amps

Last edited: Feb 13, 2022
    Scott Wyman, ScottyP13 and B-Man like this.
  9. 24-7

24-7 Well-Known Member

I finally got around to installing much needed and long overdo ditch lights from Cali Raised. I was skeptical doing so but boy they are helpful.

20220205_143807.jpg
    20220205_163653.jpg

10. tacojoel

tacojoel Well-Known Member

I plan to replace my battery with a deka when it fails. Those batteries seem to last for years.

Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  11. Cape taco

Never heard of that battery co.

12. BennyBoy

BennyBoy Active Member

Not today, but over the last couple of days I did some charging maintenance.

As some of you may know, 3rd gens do not fully charge their batteries. In my case an AGM battery. I did not want to modify my ECU while in a warranty period.

So I set up an outside(carport) charge system. When I'm not going to drive for a few days, I can plug in.

ctek-2-2.jpg Tacoma-2.jpg Noco Tacoma-2.jpg

All for this!

27f in Tacoma-2-2.jpg

Attached Files:

Scott Wyman, Cape taco and B-Man like this.
  13. BennyBoy

BennyBoy Active Member

Deks's are really good for the money. second only to odyssey. Both Made here.

14. Robdee

Robdee Member

Had my local muffler shop weld in a 2021 Pro Muffler I bought on offer up.
    100 for muffler 75 for installation. 175 total for a whole lotta smiles per miles !!!

Attached Files:

Cape taco, B-Man and Scott Wyman like this.
  15. Cape taco

Repurpose baby

Scott Wyman, Robdee and B-Man like this.
  16. tacojoel

Yep, made in pa. I think they supply the military with their batteries. Best battery i've tried for the money, and i think just about all of them over the years.

17. Cape taco

Does it sound any different Robdee?

Robdee, Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  18. Robdee

Robdee Member

Yes!!! Definitely a deeper tone to it. With my original muffler I didn’t notice the engine rev higher at full stop,standing with my drivers door open, turning the steering wheel,,now I hear it , and I keep stepping on that gas pedal to hear it again,, not crazy loud like a borla or magnaflow mufffler though, I’m over 50 so for me it’s perfect.

19. tacojoel

Truth is i'm not crazy making a v6 louder. Imo, they sound like crap to begin with. A V8 would be a different story.

20. Cape taco

Yeah there is alot of fartcan sounding v6s on the road !although my nephew has a 370z Nissan with Bassani on it and it sounds pretty sweet !:)

Scott Wyman, Robdee and B-Man like this.
  21. Cape taco

Installed new headlights this weekend got for my B-day .they say eagleeye on them, they are exactly like the ones from Tacomabeast .Super brite. 20220227_162451~2.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2022