What did you do with your Taco today

I spent months thinking about it, reading reviews, listening to sound clips, comparing materials. I didn't want to spend that much money but in the end it was money well spent, exactly what I wanted.
As long as you're happy, it's $ perfectly spent! I'm starting off with the big dump tubes, Y pipe and going to see how the stock exhaust does... probably the Tundra TB after that... I want flow but no noise... I'm in the woods too much for all that... lol

I wonder what it would sound like if you just remove that resonator in front of the muffler ? Its under the middle of the cab .I have magnaflows on my 35 ford its sounds real nice and no drone .my tundra had custom 3 inch cat back and 44 flowmaster sounded awesome but the highway drone sucked!

I wonder what it would sound like if you just remove that resonator in front of the muffler ? Its under the middle of the cab .I have magnaflows on my 35 ford its sounds real nice and no drone .my tundra had custom 3 inch cat back and 44 flowmaster sounded awesome but the highway drone sucked!
Mine dont have a resonator. cats, y pipe, muffler.

Installed borla exhaust, big difference. These things ought to come from the taco stand with this exhaust. Just a tad louder than stock, no drone at all, engine breaths and runs better and smoother.

I put the same on my truck last year (V6). Made quite a difference in performance. I measured the pressure in my exhaust ahead of the muffler before and after replacing with the Borla exhaust. The stock exhaust had twice the pressure (inches of water on a manometer) than the Borla exhaust. There must be one hell of a lot of baffles in the stock muffler. I remember it was about twice as heavy as I thought it would be.

Back