What did you do with your Taco today

@Cape taco

Thanks for the heads up on the permethrin. I know the side effects. The topical product I use to combact fleas, ticks and mosquitos is applied to areas that he can not lick. I only use the product when temps are above 32F. I stop in the fall after a couple of hard freezes, down into the 20s.

Just don't use permethrin on your dogs! A really good friend of ours has an awesme 9 yr old rottweiler "Callie" she did not cut her tail so you know shes friendly just found out this week Callie has stage 5 lukiemia and the vet thinks its from permethrin, because the dogs like it off and ingest it and its toxic. Vet said maybe she has 2 months. its really sad.She was fine then just stopped eating :(
I hear stories about this happening. So sad.

Yesterday, did a run to the landfill to dispose of 300 lbs of miscellaneous junk. Only thing they wouldn't take was the working bits of a dead dehumidifier. Its considered "White Goods (appliance) and Hazardous Material (freon and oil). Tare weight of truck is 4300 lb with 1/4 tank of fuel.

On the way home stopped to buy a couple pair of basic Carhartt denims......holy crap......$90 They have increased in price by over 50% since the last election (last time I purchased they were $30 a pair). This inflation needs to STOP. A basic pair of work boots are over $200......great horny toads.....

Yesterday, did a run to the landfill to dispose of 300 lbs of miscellaneous junk. Only thing they wouldn't take was the working bits of a dead dehumidifier. Its considered "White Goods (appliance) and Hazardous Material (freon and oil). Tare weight of truck is 4300 lb with 1/4 tank of fuel.

On the way home stopped to buy a couple pair of basic Carhartt denims......holy crap......$90 They have increased in price by over 50% since the last election (last time I purchased they were $30 a pair). This inflation needs to STOP. A basic pair of work boots are over $200......great horny toads.....
Here, if disposing a refrigerator, ac, or dehumidifier. I'd have to have someone remove the freon/oil first before taking it to the recycling ctr. I guess whoever does it must be licensed, and able to tag it now safe for disposable.

Here, if disposing a refrigerator, ac, or dehumidifier. I'd have to have someone remove the freon/oil first before taking it to the recycling ctr. I guess whoever does it must be licensed, and able to tag it now safe for disposable.
Yeah, similar process here to recover the freon. Although, in this case, there was no freon to recover. Leaked out. Shop would not trouble to recharge and fix the leak. Fortunately, there is a facility that will take the dehumidifier. I just need to make an appointment for drop off. No fees.

Today's task is a lumber yard run. Need materials to repair the roof. So, 5/8"x4x8 CDX, shingles, ice dam, roof black, 4 bags of mulch (for LOML's planting beds, not the roof). Then load up the debris to haul off to the landfill.

Roof leak caused by power line cable anchor pulling out of the roof. About a 1/4" gap on the upslope side of the anchor. Extensive water damage: delaminated decking extending to the eave. The repair area is 48" x 45". Fortunately, the rafters are not compromised, some damage but still structural.

Prolly need to feed the Tacoma, too.

I was planning on looking for another contract, but I got the urge to be handy. I got tired of the stairwell being half plaster walls from the main level and the other half being drywall upstairs. The previous owner converted the upstairs of our house into a 2 bedroom apartment, and well, I'm in the middle of converting it back. It was handy when we had family visit from up north, as they would have a nice place to stay, and nobody would have to sleep on the couch.

So, today, I removed all of the plaster and hauled it to the landfill with my Taco. Then I took my Taco out for lunch and went to Lowe's to get some drywall, new hand rail and hangers, also got the wife a new bathroom fixtures (towel rack, hand towel holder and TP holder). Wheeled the Taco home and slapped up the drywall, forgot the tape and mud, as well as the paint, cussed a little bit. Installed the new bathroom fixtures, which the wife LOVED, but then pointed out that the light over the mirror no longer matched...

Ah.....home projects. The art of controlling a mushrooming project.

Got my roof repaired. Truck is full of roofing debris. Pulled a hamstring yesterday transferring from the ladder to the roof. Today, the hamstring is very angry with me. Hobblin' around with a crutch. This really sucks. But the roof is weather tight and looks good. The leg will heal in a few days, just need to avoid straining it.

Task yet to complete. Store all the tools and left over wood. Make a landfill run. Spread a few bags of mulch. All is on hold for at least today, tomorrow is a maybe.

Did I say pulled hamstrings suck? Well.....they SUCK!!!

Thanks. I'll prolly watch a bunch of old movies on Netflix. Don't laugh.......its what we have.

Right now, watching ol' Tool Time shows. Too lazy to channel surf this morning............. antenna TV blows, but it doesn't cost an arm and leg. Netflix comes in over our internet.

Dog is very at attentive this morning. He senses I'm injured and not doing well. Love my dog. My 15 lb fur buddy.

Thanks. I'll prolly watch a bunch of old movies on Netflix. Don't laugh.......its what we have.

Right now, watching ol' Tool Time shows. Too lazy to channel surf this morning............. antenna TV blows, but it doesn't cost an arm and leg. Netflix comes in over our internet.

Dog is very at attentive this morning. He senses I'm injured and not doing well. Love my dog. My 15 lb fur buddy.
If I wasn't so addicted to a few shows every night, I would have gotten rid of my cable years ago. Sometimes I need to have someone slap me in the head for the prices they charge just to watch 3, or 4 favorite channels. I never watch any of the other garbage.

@tacojoel

Agreed. The charge for the service isn't worth the minor enjoyment. Too many Jesus channels and HSN selling crap and numerous Retro and the Sports channels...... By time you weed thru all the junque, you're left with 1/2 dozen channels you want to watch.

We get all that same crap without cost across the antenna. TV is still crap, but its cost is much less.

Kicked cable YEARS ago. Bought a Roku box, get tons of free channels, the majority is actually pretty good, pay for Peacock (my youngest daughter and wife love pro wrastlin', and On Patrol comes on here, best 4.99/mo), get Paramount+ for free with with Walmart+ (my wife is disabled, so she shops online, delivery is free), and Amazon Prime (see WalMart+). 1gb internet is $120/mo, but that is a business expense and is written off on taxes :)

@tacojoel

Agreed. The charge for the service isn't worth the minor enjoyment. Too many Jesus channels and HSN selling crap and numerous Retro and the Sports channels...... By time you weed thru all the junque, you're left with 1/2 dozen channels you want to watch.

We get all that same crap without cost across the antenna. TV is still crap, but its cost is much less.
I wish we had more to choose from on an antenna. All you get here is a few local networks out of albany ny if I use an antenna. You can get the same with basic cable for a lot less than what I pay, but it's worthless imo. I like watching Fox cable news, the discovery channel, history channel, animal channel, and nesn. Sometimes these old western shows, and movies to that are only on cable channels.

Kicked cable YEARS ago. Bought a Roku box, get tons of free channels, the majority is actually pretty good, pay for Peacock (my youngest daughter and wife love pro wrastlin', and On Patrol comes on here, best 4.99/mo), get Paramount+ for free with with Walmart+ (my wife is disabled, so she shops online, delivery is free), and Amazon Prime (see WalMart+). 1gb internet is $120/mo, but that is a business expense and is written off on taxes :)
Someday I'll upgrade to a smart tv so I can do more of that without buying a Roku box. Thought about satellite tv, but their not much better than cable, beside the location I have isn't the greatest to install a dish.

Someday I'll upgrade to a smart tv so I can do more of that without buying a Roku box. Thought about satellite tv, but their not much better than cable, beside the location I have isn't the greatest to install a dish.
Roku boxes are cheaper than replacing smart tvs. Many smart tv manufacturers stop supporting the upgrades needed to keep current (have a 4k name-brand smart TV, around 4yrs old, no updates anymore, smart function is useless), or the manufacturer adds and removes support for different channels all on a whim, or sometimes just bricks the tv with the updates (lookin' at you Vizio).

Don't get the sticks or the small boxes, get the big Roku box as those have more memory and you get better performance.

Back