What did you do with your Taco today

Against my better judgement I enrolled in a car wash membership. Today. At least I know the undercarriage is being dealt with. ( you can feel it).

Well, the simple task of changing spark plugs took longer than expected. Stupid rubber piece in the sparkplug socket had a tendency to stay on the plug after install. What a PITA.

Anyhow, with a bit of epoxy glue I managed to keep the piece in the socket to finish the change. Tossed that socket got a replacement.

Otherwise the task was easy. Only had to remove the CAI on the passenger fender side up to the air filter. Driver's side only disconnected a couple vacuum lines.

Had the same happen to me a few times with those spark plugs sockets. I just replaced them with new sockets. In the meantime I rtv'd the old ones back for spares.

If they stay connected I-remove the plug wrench off the rubber throw it in the garbage. And move on just being careful I now have a socket that will destroy a plug if not careful

@rocket. Yeah, tried that. The spark plug falls out of the socket while trying to slide down the plug hole. Then you need to go fishing for the plug. Fortunately, I ran a short trial in my hand to check for that problem.

On the 1GR-FE engine the hole is deep and at an odd angle.

New set of Michelin Defender LTX M/S 265/65-17, TPMS (5), mount, balance, tax, disposal fee.

Then 400 miles trip in mist, drizzle, rain.....the whole trip.

The ancient spare tire was OEM with the truck...date code 5105. Date code on new tires...3823

Lost brakes today. I’m going to limp my way to the garage that worked on them. I’m expecting some kind of warranty I think it’s been a month since.

Lost brakes today. I’m going to limp my way to the garage that worked on them. I’m expecting some kind of warranty I think it’s been a month since.

wot'n tarnation happened to your brakes???
No clue. Warranty is from the master cylinder to the hub. I lost fluid somewhere. I had brakes and rotors /drums over a month ago. I’m not bringing it to that guy. But if they won’t cover the werk I have another mechanic in mind. Warranty will get me a rental. So the dealer wants to look at it before anything gets rented. Oy!

No clue. Warranty is from the master cylinder to the hub. I lost fluid somewhere. I had brakes and rotors /drums over a month ago. I’m not bringing it to that guy. But if they won’t cover the werk I have another mechanic in mind. Warranty will get me a rental. So the dealer wants to look at it before anything gets rented. Oy!

its probably a rusted rotted brake line that burst
that happened to my Gen7 Corolla many years ago backing out of the driveway o_O
lucky i was not hauling ass at 90mph on the freeway when that happened
OY!

Back