What have you done to your Tacoma today?

Had a double bypass last week so not much going on in the Tacoma but before I had my heart attack I did order a JDM leather shift knob from Japan and I have been looking forward to it the entire time in the hospital.

9e87a05bfa3f686eab6b5cdf7cb6c058.jpg

4becf92336bca338ad0c2a586d09ab56.jpg

c5fb6a9a405c82001e827be98467fd5b.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics, still cannot move my arms as much as I would like.

I also came home from the hospital to this nice package from Nathan. Thanks for the forum!

2e72ddb0034bab0decd51ca8ec58e42d.jpg
Good to hear you're ok and doing well! Looks good

Had a double bypass last week so not much going on in the Tacoma but before I had my heart attack I did order a JDM leather shift knob from Japan and I have been looking forward to it the entire time in the hospital.

9e87a05bfa3f686eab6b5cdf7cb6c058.jpg

4becf92336bca338ad0c2a586d09ab56.jpg

c5fb6a9a405c82001e827be98467fd5b.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics, still cannot move my arms as much as I would like.

I also came home from the hospital to this nice package from Nathan. Thanks for the forum!

2e72ddb0034bab0decd51ca8ec58e42d.jpg
Glad to hear that you're doin well :thumbsup: :thumbup:

Starting to get my recovery kit together, just ordered this for $119 total with tax $130.67 pays to shop around :thumbsup::
http://www.reeseprod.com/content/products.aspx?lvl=3&parentid=1000&catID=1040&part=33090

Doubt that I tow anything since the previous 10 yrs I only towed 1 trailer in my PreRunner from Grand Junction, CO to Kansas City. But do need it for recovery for going on trail runs at this 4x4 park I plan on going to. Still have the draw bar with ball, also kept the Toyota rubber receiver cover which will fit perfect.

New trailer hitch from stealership.......Ouch!
Your Price: 368.50
With Installation: 473.00

New plug.....ouch!
Part Number PT22835960HP
Part Name HITCH RECEIVER COVER
MSRP $8.53
Core $0.00
Online Price $8.53

Trailer wiring is already installed, came on truck.

Got a really nice front shackle that will fit the passenger side tow point at Nuts & Bolts for $9.99 made by this company.
http://www.doublehh.com/products.cfm?prodID=78&catID=2 rated for 12,000 lbs. I got the straight clevis p/n 24014. Yeah, I know farm equipment but should work for what I need.

Also at Cabela's I found this http://www.cabelas.com/product/Auto...ugged-Ridge-Receiver-Hitch-D-Ring/1586847.uts which is cheaper & stronger than the Reese one I found at Home Depot.

Last piece a Keeper 30' Recovery Strap http://www.hamptonproducts.com/product-details.php?ID=9584 $30 at Nuts & Bolts. That should take care of any recovery needs I may have in the future.

Last edited:
Picked up my trailer hitch today and stopped by Napa and got new plugs.....OE Denso K20HR-U11 for $3.60 ea about .20¢ ea cheaper than the dealer. Napa was the only other place to carry them in town and used my AAA card for the discount. Normal price was .02¢ ea higher than the dealer.

Now for the fun part.......wrenching.
To do list for tonight & tomorrow since I'm off, seems like the only maintenance done on this truck was oil change & air filter, everything thing else is all factory fill or parts. I guess it could be worse I have 50k on her it could of had 100k and none of this was done. So a little behind but will rectify. Checked A/C pressure last night...good to go! Be doing a lube job soon as well.

1. Replace corroded 4-way flat connector with new connector
  2. Install trailer hitch
  3. Rear differential breather mod
  4. Drain & fill front differential
  5. Change spark plugs

5000k white HID's installed and I am really happy about them! They look great give my truck the look I want and the price was great all around a great buy

DDM tuning, the shipping took a while but they come with a lifetime warranty, are of good quality and not expensive at all

Any time ill let u know if anything but as of now definitely a great but the color I wanted good lighting high and low beams 35 watt High/low beam set up $65

Which included the shipping (I shared shipping with my friend who bought the same kit for his mustang)

Idk personally I haven't heard all good things but who knows... Ima do halo fog lights with the same grade HID

Spark plugs are done. Runs a whole lot smoother. Plugs that were in had gaps from .050 ~.060, electrodes were really worn down on a few. Hopefully my MPG will increase from 16.6 I was getting before the change. I also took out and cleaned my MAF sensor. Now that my running around is done, time to see about installing this new trailer hitch. :blink:

Hitch installed! :thumbsup: Took about an hr & half by myself and my arms are gonna feel it tomorrow. :drink:
At least I got a few things knocked off my to do list. Still early so will hit the easy part of replacing the crusty 4-way flat pin connector after a little break. A few photo's for your viewing pleasure.

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 61
Worked a little late yesterday and got more tin work done on my Tacoma, now it has a little more "Pazas":thumbup:

picture.php

Stayed late again last night and got my Jack Mounted with the new Jack Mounts were Designing, no more loosing jack's!:yes:

picture.php

P/U'd my Rugged Ridge Rec Shackle bracket today from Cabela's completes my recovery kit. :thumbsup:
Ready to start in on the next project.

Picked up 1 MPG more on my gas mileage over last week, new plugs are doing their job.:thumbsup:

When I have time I'll clean the throttle body out and see if I can squeeze anymore out of her. That's with normal day to day 50/50 city/highway driving.

Last edited:
Back