What have you done to your Tacoma today?

i should roll the unicorn into PA when i can get a full week off, I've never been east of Indianapolis/Detroit in the taco
now i say unicorn because my area in midwest is near VOID of the oldest of tacomas that did not have the crutch :(
i am sure they are out there i just do not see them wheelin down the roads i wheel on
or maybe they just did not sell very well in the late 90s, most old small trucks i see are Rangers and a few scattered S-10s and Dakotas, maybe a Nissan once in a blue moon but those are a rarity as well

Drove to ace hardware to pick up a new bottle jack after finding out my old one wouldn't work anymore. Gotta get those tire chains on my old tractor...winters coming.

How about what have you done to your body today
Something in my clavicle is messed up and has not gone away in at least a week :confused:

1666822545728.png

Get red ones
I got rockauto ones
With the shipping they are half what dealer OEM lugs are at 4$ each
The weathering of the rockauto dorman brand is an unknown at the moment
I liked the black powder coated ones I did a few years ago but yeah they didn't last with the impact tools that DT uses to rotate 'em
Boo!:mad:

Not many coatings will withstand the blows from an impact wrench.

Especially when bubba hammers away on the tightening process. Many operate with the flawed mentality of "if tight is good, then tighter must be gooder."

Good luck finding a torque wrench in the shop. Even more rare is finding a shop person who knows how to use the torque wrench.

Don't get me started on the "torque sticks"

Back