What have you done to your Tacoma today?

Went to WallyWorld to price ingredients to make raw food for my dog. Ran the numbers. Good dog kibble is nearly $5.70/lb, damn near as much as steak. I can't eat steak....... Anyhow, the numbers show I can cut dog food costs by $2.70/lb and provide a better diet for my little partner.

There is so much trash in dog food that the animal can not digest.

Exercised the 4WD system for its monthly run to circulate the lubes. Shifts in and out like butter......smoooooottthhhhh. All vehicles are set for the onslaught of winter.

Painted another wheel center cap buteful black
That's 3 of 'em now
Clear coat on tomorrow and ready to roll...

Went to WallyWorld to price ingredients to make raw food for my dog. Ran the numbers. Good dog kibble is nearly $5.70/lb, damn near as much as steak. I can't eat steak....... Anyhow, the numbers show I can cut dog food costs by $2.70/lb and provide a better diet for my little partner.

There is so much trash in dog food that the animal can not digest.

Exercised the 4WD system for its monthly run to circulate the lubes. Shifts in and out like butter......smoooooottthhhhh. All vehicles are set for the onslaught of winter.
What is your recipe for the doggy feed?

Beef heart, beef liver, chicken breast in combination to make roughly 75% of the food. The meat is raw.

The balance is a mix of steamed and finely chopped veggies. Fresh fruit comes in as treats.

Occasional bones, uncooked, will be added. Typically, chicken or turkey backs or necks.

Scott, if you want to go to offline messages, I could recommend several good texts.

Yeah, in reality, not many things off the dog diet list. Chocolate, Grapes (raisins....similar), nuts, onion, garlic, avocado, grains (all), mushrooms,

He spits out green, red, orange and yellow bell peppers. So, we don't offer any other type of pepper.

Otherwise, he is anxious to accept any food. The mini-schnauzer breed is always starving.

Painted another wheel center cap buteful black
That's 3 of 'em now
Clear coat on tomorrow and ready to roll...

i changed my mind!
will keep the clear coat off this one and see how it weathers the winter without that application

Last edited:
New Grease one zerk fitting within reach, used red tacky, on front propeller shaft whilst I was under checking the rack and putting some black cosmoline coating on that front shaft so it doesn't look so weathered

Picked up a 30 year old honda hs 828 snowblower today with the tacoma. I think i may have bit off more than i hoped. What a pita tearing it down. Every shaft, and bolt was seized. 3 hrs later,and a whole lot of cursing, use of the torch, it needs a bunch of auger bearings, plus the auger$$ itself, and a drive, and auger belt. Only positive, that honda engine still runs like a swiss watch.

The bearings and belt should be easy to find parts. The auger......that could be a roadblock.

You may need to get an auger that is close, then modify/bodge to fit and work.

Hope you didn't pay alot. If its any comfort a new 8 hp, 28 inch snow blow will be over $2000 for a noname brand. A Honda.....$3000.

I do have a shovel for clearing places where the snow blow won't go. Well......its a type of shovel. An aluminum grain scoop.

Had one of those wimpy flat snow shovels......didn't use it long. Then tried one of those funky curved snow pushers.....didn't use it long. Broke down to buy a good aluminum grain scoop. Now, that is a snow shovel.

The bearings and belt should be easy to find parts. The auger......that could be a roadblock.

You may need to get an auger that is close, then modify/bodge to fit and work.

Hope you didn't pay alot. If its any comfort a new 8 hp, 28 inch snow blow will be over $2000 for a noname brand. A Honda.....$3000.
Its a hydrostatic...that parts works. When i got down to the belts they were hanging together by threads.
At any rate i think i could get back together working for a little than $300. I paid $400 for it. At least the hard job pulling it apart has been done.

1. I went to the farmer's market at the Tacoma Dome.
2. I ate some delicious tacos.
3. I took my dog for a walk.
4. I went to the gym.
5. I went to the beach.
6. I watched the Mariners game.
7. I went to the movies.
8. I played video games.
9. I read a book.
10. I hung out with friends.
11. I did nothing.
12. I went home.
13. I worked on homework.
14. I went to bed.

1. I went to the farmer's market at the Tacoma Dome.
2. I ate some delicious tacos.
3. I took my dog for a walk.
4. I went to the gym.
5. I went to the beach.
6. I watched the Mariners game.
7. I went to the movies.
8. I played video games.
9. I read a book.
10. I hung out with friends.
11. I did nothing.
12. I went home.
13. I worked on homework.