What have you done to your Tacoma today?

until they switched to a C channel frame instead of a boxed frame.....that's where the trouble started...inside the truck frame and with no where for the water to evaporate....or drain.
Supposedly these gen3 have one way composite drains on these boxed frame sections. Only issue their phrone to getting damaged or ripped off when these trucks go on a lift. Last time they rotated the tires under toyota care, mine disappeared.

"What have you done to your Tacoma today?" (ae111black, Mar 30, 2013)​

Well Mr Black I went to the class VI store today and picked up a bottle of one of my wife's favorite spirits. Of course I'm going to share it with her
:)

Attachments

• IMG_0110.jpg
    IMG_0110.jpg
    730 KB · Views: 10
6 pk Smirnoff Ice for me.
Not starting the engine on anything today. Just gonna do a few chores, finish grooming the dog, channel surf, hope for a good movie.

Most difficult task is getting motivated to start the job hunt marathon ordeal again........

Not washing until April. In the meantime, the Pay-N-Spray will be used when the temp sneaks about 32F. Fortunately, its only $2.25 for 4 minutes of hot water.

In April, it will get a full detail, inside and out, with a wax job. Wheels will be pulled to clean the rims and flush the underbody. I'll spend nealy all day. The only annoying part of this is wiping the wax off a white truck. Very easy to miss areas. Does anyone know of a product that would tint the wax????

Quit laughing, Yes, I use a paste wax. The liquids are expensive and don't last very long.

local pay-n-spray here only had 1 of 4 bays working after the deep below zero freeze (they do have heated floors which is cool) ... one drain was plugged and the other 2 looked like the wands broke from freezing water oh my!

Not washing until April. In the meantime, the Pay-N-Spray will be used when the temp sneaks about 32F. Fortunately, its only $2.25 for 4 minutes of hot water.

In April, it will get a full detail, inside and out, with a wax job. Wheels will be pulled to clean the rims and flush the underbody. I'll spend nealy all day. The only annoying part of this is wiping the wax off a white truck. Very easy to miss areas. Does anyone know of a product that would tint the wax????

Quit laughing, Yes, I use a paste wax. The liquids are expensive and don't last very long.
I gave up wax's...too temporary. Best thing I ever did was get a professional ceramic paint protection. Yeah, it's not cheap lots of labor, but the trucks finish still looks great. Most I've done is this one good wash the other day. Had an hour to spare before lunch and the temp ended up in the 60's. Now its been in the 40's all day and misting.:mad:

I gave up wax's...too temporary. Best thing I ever did was get a professional ceramic paint protection. Yeah, it's not cheap lots of labor, but the trucks finish still looks great. Most I've done is this one good wash the other day. Had an hour to spare before lunch and the temp ended up in the 60's. Now its been in the 40's all day and misting.:mad:
Although temporary ,weeks at best. I prefer the euro style wax. It cleans as it wax’s. And also gets your eyes up close so you can c
Spot the paint chips. Mine are small and impossible to see unless up close. My white paint kinda hides any imperfections but not the chips. That’s where a quick pen comes in to play. But ya can’t do this while sitting in the truck at a pay to spray fwiw.

Although temporary ,weeks at best. I prefer the euro style wax. It cleans as it wax’s. And also gets your eyes up close so you can c
Spot the paint chips. Mine are small and impossible to see unless up close. My white paint kinda hides any imperfections but not the chips. That’s where a quick pen comes in to play. But ya can’t do this while sitting in the truck at a pay to spray fwiw.
Zero paint chips after bnearly 3 years. Thats a record fo me. By now my tundra would of been peppered with them. This hard ceramic glass like finish is unreal. It makes the exterior paints finish look very deep, like a thin hard shell over it. Everything just wipes, or slides right off.

I've heard good things about this ceramic paint protection. Curious how much did it cost you ?

did some shopping with the truck/ the grocery store was a ghost town....20.00 bucks for a half gallon of laundry detergent!!! the coin op has to be cheaper at this point, wtf.

I've heard good things about this ceramic paint protection. Curious how much did it cost you ?
$600 for 2 days work. Was told to never wax the truck again. I'll usually hose it off once or twice on a good day during the winter. Imo, if you know how to do all the prep work, and have the time, it can be done yourself. All these ceramic paint protection jobs basically come down to the guys doing it, as its so labor intensive. I've heard of many crappy jobs from professional detailers that don't last.

$600 wow. I can buy a 2X lifetime supply of wax for that much. Nice side benefit to detailing and waxing the truck is........I'm out of the house enjoying sunshine, some rock n roll and..........no noise from the LOML.

$600 wow. I can buy a 2X lifetime supply of wax for that much. Nice side benefit to detailing and waxing the truck is........I'm out of the house enjoying sunshine, some rock n roll and..........no noise from the LOML.
Oh man you hit the nail in the head Just outside and the radio on without an annoying.
“ system detects a discharge “ warning then shuts everything off. My stinger had that. It totally blows for hanging out by the vehicle.

I'm the opposite, i hate being a slave to my truck. I'm out on the water fishing instead of waxing my truck. Besides it include's a lifetime warranty protection plan for the entire interior also. Only issues who's lifetime...mine or theirs?

Back