What have you done to your Tacoma today?

I love loup city! On state hwy 92
Polish capital of Nebraska!
Grand island I don't care for much
Hastings is where it's at
Lol

I love loup city! On state hwy 92
Polish capital of Nebraska!
Grand island I don't care for much
Hastings is where it's at
Lol
Lol yep, LC is the Polish capitol of Nebraska and i have two cousins with a hwy 92 address. I lived in GI for a short period when i took on a job at Monfort slaughterhouse near Fonner Park. Small world

juiced up at Chevron with techron already in the fuel instead of having to dump a bottle in the tank

Is this the best taco juice out there?

I never add anything to my gas or oil. When I had my tundra, every 30k, I'd run 8 oz of seafoam through one of the intake vacuum lines to clean off any excessive carbon deposits from the valves, and pistons. Should have seen that sucker smoke when it'd sip that stuff. This always made my engine check light come on for a few miles till it all burned off.

There really is no need to add anything to fuel. Every station has fuel with "cleaning agents" already added. It is a government regulation.

Techron is just Chevron's brand name for their cleaning agent recipe.

The "best" taco juice is Picante' sauce.

Thing is our fuel in the east has been good. Years ago I traveled to the mid west a couple times during the season racing enduro's with my bikes. The fuel there can be a different animal from what we get here in New England. I think its stale before it even reaches their tanks.

Almost killed the taco Tonight :(
Fishtailed it in 4wd an lost control on an entrance ramp to i-15
Was taking up both lanes sliding sideways until the back went right into the snowyditch about 20ft off the interstate

Almost killed the taco Tonight :(
Fishtailed it in 4wd an lost control on an entrance ramp to i-15
Was taking up both lanes sliding sideways until the back went right into the snowyditch about 20ft off the interstate
Sorry to hear Jay. Were you able to get out on your own or did ya have to call for back up ? ? ? I too was in in four high all day today and never made it out of 3rd gear in my MT. Slippin-n-slidin all day around town.

Sorry to hear Jay. Were you able to get out on your own or did ya have to call for back up ? ? ? I too was in in four high all day today and never made it out of 3rd gear in my MT. Slippin-n-slidin all day around town.
I had to use 4lo to crawl out and made it back onto the road with hazards on the slope
And Was only going 40mph and the drifted blown snowpack on that entrance ramp I wheeled thru must've been a foot high!

Oh absolutely. I've never been to Montana but I'm sure the winds there are just as fast or faster than the 100mph we used to get as a kid growing up in Colorado.
Also factor the 15 below zero temps at night for the two days I've been here
Hopefully pics I took of blowing snow on the roads came out ok

The median at this section where I fishtail was a 3ft high concrete wall with no inside left breakdown lane
It was fortunate a big rig with trailer was not coming down that canyon crossing doing 60 or more while I was sliding sideways in both lanrs

I let my Tacoma rest and me.

We just covered 1100+ miles. High head winds both going and coming, Cold. High sustained speeds for hours on end. Traffic.

Fuel use was a bit higher than usual, but not horrible. 16.5 mpg to feed a 4WD, 4.0L V-6, pushing 80 mph against 20-25 mph head winds.

Fortunately, the roads were snow/ice free. No snow South of the IA/MO border.

Now, just waiting to hear the results of my trip to Stillwater, OK.

<edit> Well, the results of my trip are negative. Had a nice drive though.........so, stuck on square 1. :(

Last edited:
Back