What's your favorite national park to visit?

cannot take a train to the very end of route 1 in Key West Florida o_O the end of the road it is

IMG_9965.JPG

Sorry, but with the technology vehicles have today, there's no adventure on asphalt highways anymore unless you like chasing miles. Imo, it's boring. I'd sooner let someone else do the driving. You have to worry about some a-hole's stealing your stuff, or causing an accident doing those long rides. I've been through it years ago. Nothing has changed, in fact it's gotten worse.
What I'd like to see is the border to border....vermont to canada run for sleds to come back....even include ma. in it too. I know this will never happen due to all the land development that has gobbled up the old trail systems, but its a dream I've had.

technology wtf is that?
i use paper maps as much as i need to and garsh darn good memory of where i am heading... New Jersey got real messy though lol
live
a
little
:)

While I don't use the trucks gps screen due to no smart phone to interface with the trucks head unit gps. I use my stand alone gps unit that I plug into the trucks 12v volt cigarette lighter socket. Unless you're not paying attention, this gps works pretty good 99% of the time. It'll take me right to a persons driveway that I need to go to.
Heck, I didn't even think anyone still used road maps. We even use gps now on our sleds.

this was nice and definitely worth a re-visit
especially when there is less rancid humidity...

Gulf Islands National Seashore

IMG_9135.JPG

IMG_9137.JPG

IMG_9139.JPG

IMG_9146.JPG

IMG_9163.JPG

Last edited:
Another of my favorites is Joshua Tree. It was better when it was just a national monument. It didn't get as much attention. But I guess all of the parks are swamped these days. Thank heaven for unimproved BLM land. Most "campers" (read folks that drag their entire homes along on wheels) need full hook ups, paved spots, hot showers and laundry facilities. Take them dry camping and they'd be moaning in about 15 minutes.

Inside your aluminum box or even a tent and the night sky isn't visible. All you smell is the HVAC pumped air and every sound is either muffled or inaudible.

No thanks, give me my CJ-8 a sleeping bag and the necessary stuff for eating and I'm happly.

I miss some of my old street bike bag trips like that, where all you needed to pack was some spare clothing/rain gear, a small tent, and a sleeping bag.

its bizarre what can happen below sea level with just a couple inches of rainwater

but i wonder if the water just evaporated after it pooled up into a lake somewhere at the absolut bottom of it all

Back