What's your Tacoma's name ? ? ?

Picture looks so different than whats here, so wide open, dry, and barren.....something you'd expect to see on mars.
It was a lot of fun and we created a lot of memories, but I won't go back. The wind was so bad, Every night we had to circle the vehicles around our tents as a wind break. We still lost two tents. Mine was bent badly and another one wasn't anchored enough and set sail for about 300 yards. Dust covered everything. Food, pillows, sleeping bags. My truck had so much dust, not just on the outside but the inside as well. When I got home I changed all the air filters and spent hours cleaning everything up.
There's also just not much there. We had access to two gas stations. One was in the park and the other was about 40 mins away from where we stayed. Huge lines for gas every morning. A memorable experience but honestly I wouldn't recommend it.

We use to do our own 4 wheeling on fishing trips back when I had a new 1979 Toyota compact 4wd pickup.....spent well over 24 hrs straight driving from Connecticut to the James bay region of Quebec following old grown in logging roads built from decades past once leaving the well maintained dirt roads from chibougamau city. Busting down small trees, brush, and building crude bridges through 4' deep streams got pretty common when looking to catch big fish. We were pretty lucky to make it back with the truck still intact over a week later. We survived, but my lemon colored little Toyota had more dents, and scratch's in that amount of time than in the next couple years. At least all the pics my buddy took of that trip were priceless.

I have not thought of a name for my Taco. But one day my wife and I went to pick up a friend. We called her to let her know when we would arrive. She asked if we were bringing "Beth". My wife asked, "Who's Beth?"

"Your new truck."

Only our friend calls the truck "Beth".

I have not thought of a name for my Taco. But one day my wife and I went to pick up a friend. We called her to let her know when we would arrive. She asked if we were bringing "Beth". My wife asked, "Who's Beth?"

"Your new truck."

Only our friend calls the truck "Beth".
Then Beth it is.:)

We use to do our own 4 wheeling on fishing trips back when I had a new 1979 Toyota compact 4wd pickup.....spent well over 24 hrs straight driving from Connecticut to the James bay region of Quebec following old grown in logging roads built from decades past once leaving the well maintained dirt roads from chibougamau city. Busting down small trees, brush, and building crude bridges through 4' deep streams got pretty common when looking to catch big fish. We were pretty lucky to make it back with the truck still intact over a week later. We survived, but my lemon colored little Toyota had more dents, and scratch's in that amount of time than in the next couple years. At least all the pics my buddy took of that trip were priceless.
Funny enough, I have a very similar story with my truck. I named mine "Lucky" because it has managed to survive some pretty intense off-roading expeditions. It has gotten me out of some pretty tight spots, so I thought the name was appropriate!

Funny enough, I have a very similar story with my truck. I named mine "Lucky" because it has managed to survive some pretty intense off-roading expeditions. It has gotten me out of some pretty tight spots, so I thought the name was appropriate!
My fishing buddy use to call my truck the tonka toy. That's the only truck name I could recall.

I've always given my pickup trucks a name after purchasing them. I named my first Tacoma Maria, my second one was Scary Cary, and my current Tacoma BigBlue (for obvious reasons). I know there are many dudes out there that give names to their pickup trucks so let's hear them. And please keep the politics out of it. The last time I posed the question on a different website I got suspended four times. Pictures get double likes.
No pics, but I call it my street taco.

It was a lot of fun and we created a lot of memories, but I won't go back. The wind was so bad, Every night we had to circle the vehicles around our tents as a wind break. We still lost two tents. Mine was bent badly and another one wasn't anchored enough and set sail for about 300 yards. Dust covered everything. Food, pillows, sleeping bags. My truck had so much dust, not just on the outside but the inside as well. When I got home I changed all the air filters and spent hours cleaning everything up.
There's also just not much there. We had access to two gas stations. One was in the park and the other was about 40 mins away from where we stayed. Huge lines for gas every morning. A memorable experience but honestly I wouldn't recommend it.
did you do the hike on the rio grande? santa elena
i was very pressed for time and had to pass on that activity, spent too much time in Del Rio :confused: but there is always a NEXT time when i wheel the 385 from the start near Rapid City DeadWood SD all the way south...
but 385 through eastern colorado is a real downer after leaving Nebraska sandHills

or maybe US-67 would be a better autotrail from the Mississippi in Iowa, through St Louis and across Arkansas
data=kvT1fnP2WQKh3opwLKiBK-eSZOnkzgsymhqEZdAWqeDcKFz1Ta8KKxEiLUM-tbl74tnJEzIMLwSnWu_zCjYzBGesZHyPhU5go2oD7LDckJmvqs7XqPEbJ6OIWZYNDIDm5E0NdcaeGpif2JkBrA1TEsGQ09CZqWnb5xu448briN2hFnVKhhUroB8XOplY1akmU7Q8vf79J7G2zrfohYicvVtN9T1ua-DhzXCpaw7bkHsIST797KM6-punUM-ObeC5vgZvk8t-kNs

IMG_4989.JPG

IMG_5040.JPG
this Texas farm road 170 was one WILD ride on the Rio behind a border patrol most all the way to Presidio

IMG_5075.JPG

IMG_5094.JPG

IMG_5090.JPG

My 07 Jeep Wrangler was Wrangelina Jolie......My 2012 Dodge Ram was Jean Claude Van Ram. My buddy's silverado was Truck Norris. I just got my new Tacoma on 2/4 still thinking of a name
Couple suggestions.....Jose', Jesus, Juan, Carlos, Pepe'.................

Back