Where is the underground?

understandable. on a more serious note, you have to be aware of tacomaworld. why was that not good enough? i mean i could see if this sight was unique from it, but all i see is a copy and paste of that site here. i dont get it.

That is such an odd statement. This is not a copy of any site... it's a forum about Toyota Tacomas. Is there another site out there already on the topic? Sure... but honestly I'm surprised there is only one solid one so far.

Take a look around at other vehicles and see how many forums there are on the topic. Mustangs for example have tons of forums about them. F150s, etc... Why? Well each site has it's own community and they are all a little different. Some people like smaller sites, some sites have more members from a specific area or focus on a different aspect. No two sites are identical.

The site does run on vBulletin which is a software that I've been using since 2003. That and the topic are the only two things I see that are the same.
Either way, it's up to you if you like the site and want to stay or not. Hopefully you do but of not I understand.

This site is 2 weeks old. Give us some time. But, TW doesn't own vBulletin so I think you've confused their site with their software which is a commercial product.

Thanks.

This site is 2 weeks old. Give us some time. But, TW doesn't own vBulletin so I think you've confused their site with their software which is a commercial product.

Thanks.

No i am looking at the site as a whole. what the projected objective of this site is compared to tw. But like you said, this one hasn't grown.

Last edited:
Fair enough. Let's come back around to this question in a couple of months and see where we stand. If you have any suggestions I'm all ears.

I'd like to see a forum more oriented towards offroading. Sure TW has its sections but its over taken by what size tires on stock suspension threads.

+_2acc5a8841f8752904d37f90a8014829.png

What I hate about the other site is all the cut throat bashing. Hopefully the admins will keep that off of here. It does nothing for anyone. Let's have some fun and go on some trips.

If you report posts that break our posting rules... we will take care of it. It's that simple. Thanks for the input though!

I just get tired of all the bullstuff on TW. There is a lot of smart comments and butt hurt over there. There is a lot of great info but I've gotten to where I don't comment a lot anymore because I know someone will have something negative or smart to say.

This is why I like it here but unfortunately if it grows that big it will likely be the same. No offense to the mods, just with that many members it's likely to happen.

What I hate about the other site is all the cut throat bashing. Hopefully the admins will keep that off of here. It does nothing for anyone. Let's have some fun and go on some trips.

x2!

I just get tired of all the bullstuff on TW. There is a lot of smart comments and butt hurt over there. There is a lot of great info but I've gotten to where I don't comment a lot anymore because I know someone will have something negative or smart to say.

This is why I like it here but unfortunately if it grows that big it will likely be the same. No offense to the mods, just with that many members it's likely to happen.

While i agree, that there are a lot of DBs over there and all, i still am on there all the time. It helps when you have a thread for all your buddies who you have met and wheel with all in one place and we are able to keep the DBs out. basically like sitting around a campfire kicking the tires. it certainly makes it a better user experience on TW.
Lets just keep it mature and refined over here. And all the butt hurt and sillyness will not happen.

if you expect the site to grow at all, you better expect some of it. it is just a characteristic of forums that grow. Also, TW is extremely mild.

While i agree, that there are a lot of DBs over there and all, i still am on there all the time. It helps when you have a thread for all your buddies who you have met and wheel with all in one place and we are able to keep the DBs out. basically like sitting around a campfire kicking the tires. it certainly makes it a better user experience on TW.

Yeah, I like the local thread on there. Got to know some of the locals and most seem to be cool.

Back