Why do you drive a manuel transmission ?

Even though my Taco is an AT I have owned other vehicles in the past that were MT! Something I was just thinking about is how when you've owned an MT vehicle for a while and have gotten used to it then you go drive an AT, you practically kick a hole in the floorboard going for the clutch pedal that ain't there! Lol! I'm sure most of the guys on here know exactly what I'm talking about!

Even though my Taco is an AT I have owned other vehicles in the past that were MT! Something I was just thinking about is how when you've owned an MT vehicle for a while and have gotten used to it then you go drive an AT, you practically kick a hole in the floorboard going for the clutch pedal that ain't there! Lol! I'm sure most of the guys on here know exactly what I'm talking about!
I don't do that, I just yawn!
And hope the hell my foot on brake does not slip off stopped at a red light and rear end a vehicle in front

Last edited:
I just know in the past when I've owned an MT vehicle, which I wish my Taco was one, when I'd drive a vehicle with an AT I'd find my left foot going for the nonexistent clutch pedal every time I had to stop!

I just know in the past when I've owned an MT vehicle, which I wish my Taco was one, when I'd drive a vehicle with an AT I'd find my left foot going for the nonexistent clutch pedal every time I had to stop!
My hand is like always on the AT shifter ready to take action and then ends in disappointment :confused:

So, I'm curious.

Right hand is on the gear shift. Left hand on the steering wheel.
Left foot on clutch, right foot on brake or throttle.

How are you giving hand signals?

whilst riding MT i most assuredly often cannot do the hand signals out the window :( except for those infamous U-Turns from a stop

Back