Why do you drive a manuel transmission ?

Well back in the day I dragged raced a 1966 C modified production gto for a season that had a muncie 4 speed transmission that the gears were cut so I could crash shift them faster. Miss a gear and you're going home.

Anymore these days I have to ginger it into gear #3 lest I get scraped
Is this the flywheel or is it the clutch disk being a bit finicky whilst throwing into 3 and send it

Jay, You still haven't addressed the clutch??? Good grief, Maynard.

The clutch was shot months ago. Yet, you keep running it. Now, I'm sure the flywheel is knackered with hot spots, glazing, surface cracks...... you won't be happy until the trans falls out. At the current pace the poor truck doesn't stand a ghost of a chance making your mileage dream.

Did you ever address the suspension problems? Never mind, I already know the answer.

Sooner or later, it'll die out between Boondock, USA and Neverland. Keep your AAA membership current. I suspect you'll need a tow.

Throwing the Brown BS Flag.

I was able to receive 2 front axles in 4 days that were on "3 week back order" at Toyota. I used a different source for the parts. I ordered the axles on Friday night, received on the following Tuesday. I also got rotors, pads and sway bar links in the same order.

You're beginning to sound like a kid in middle school. All excuses.

Some parts ordered are small specialty parts for clutch and that rack pinion
But still!! 2+ months yikes!
But I am at the parts Dept in Kansas getting truck some new oil and filter now where I ordered them July 4th and will see what's on the backorder

Some parts ordered are small specialty parts for clutch and that rack pinion
But still!! 2+ months yikes!
But I am at the parts Dept in Kansas getting truck some new oil and filter now where I ordered them July 4th and will see what's on the backorder

Oh....so you are trying to convince us that no one at all carries parts for your truck except Toyota.

Throwing another Brown BS flag.

Suggest look to Rockauto or NAPA. Sure, they are not likely genuine Toyota parts. But they will work for many many miles. Prolly out last your truck.

The china made wheel bearing that failed in 5k miles makes me want genuine parts at a great discount

Gotta tell them to crap, or get off the pot. You want your parts.
Can you believe that one part on 3 months backorder is the clutch cover part???

It Maybe arriving inna month they told today
There also short one specialty spring nut for heat shielding application

less routine maintenance on manual

change gear oil is roughly $150

change AT fluid is nearly 400$ is what the dealer quoted on my relatives '11 Taco with the un-sealed AT with dipStick
not sure if that is just a drain and refill or remove pan and replace filter + gasket or a complete AT fluid exchange

less routine maintenance on manual

change gear oil is roughly $150

change AT fluid is nearly 400$ is what the dealer quoted on my relatives '11 Taco with the un-sealed AT with dipStick
not sure if that is just a drain and refill or remove pan and replace filter + gasket or a complete AT fluid exchange
Thats bs...$400...They do atf service at the toyota dealer here for $180 on a v6 gen3 taco, and I thought that was high just for a 4 qt drain, and refill. I know I can do it myself for well under a $100.....probably even $75.

that price might be a complete fluid exchange, i was not sure and neither was the service advisor lol

that price might be a complete fluid exchange, i was not sure and neither was the service advisor lol
Worse thing you can do is a complete atf change unless you have big issues already....it's kind of a last resort to try if the tranny isn't working properly. These are aisin transmissions built to Toyota's specs. Thing is, the atf in these transmissions are suppose to lifetime. I guess if you just drive your truck with never any load on it, this would be, but I tow, and use it as a truck at times....probably do a 4 qt drain, and refill around 40k miles to be safe using only the toyota atf.

Last edited:
Back