Why do you drive a manuel transmission ?

PROS OF AN AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
Drivers are able to focus on the road rather than on which gear they are in. Different traffic situations, like stop-and-go traffic, can be easier to handle because there is no need to keep shifting to match the speed of surrounding cars.

whut the F?
Automatics are much more utilitarian cars that get people from point A to point B, says Lauren Fix, the Car Coach. As such, Americans are much more likely to be doing several things at once when they’re driving. That’s not the case in the rest of the world. “Americans eat while they drive and they multitask while they drive,” Fix says. “Europeans do not.” Although, it should be noted that eating while you drive is definitely one of the things you’re doing in your car that you shouldn’t.

Why Europeans like manual transmissions​

The preference starts early. In Europe, 15- and 16-year-olds learn to drive on Microcars with stick shifts. Fix says she doesn’t know anyone in Europe who doesn’t know how to drive one. In addition, driving a car with manual transmission forces people to be more engaged with their car and what’s going on around them.

“They pay attention to the road much more so than we do here in the United States,” Fix says. “I have been all over Europe and nobody’s on the phone while driving. Not even on speakerphone. They just don’t. That’s just not part of their culture.”

That’s not to say that the Europeans don’t have fun on the road. Germany is also home to the Autobahn, where there’s no speed limit and drivers are often going well over 100 mph. Europeans also prefer cars with manual transmissions because they use less fuel—an important consideration when people in Norway pay an average of $7.82 for a gallon of gas, according to Sixt.com.

Who still drives manual cars in America?​

Most carmakers in the United States have stopped making cars with manual transmissions, and pricing doesn’t really seem to factor in much with that decision. The idea that cars with manual transmissions are less expensive than automatic cars isn’t really true, according to Edmunds.com.

A few brands do still make them, including Volkswagen, Mini, and Miata, Fix says. Porsche has also gone back to making cars with manual transmission after switching to a PDK, or a paddle-shift, Fix says. Sports cars known for their loyal fans such as Mustangs, Corvettes, and Camaros are also still made with stick shifts. “You find them to be manual because it is a joy and a thrill to drive them,” Fix says.

Though the number of people driving manual transmissions in the United States is on the wane, there are pockets of enthusiasm. CarMax customers who live in Maine, New Hampshire, and New Mexico are twice as likely to buy a car with a manual transmission than the average CarMax customer.

Whether you’re looking to purchase a car with an automatic or manual transmission, just be sure you know these signs you’re about to fall for a terrible car deal first.

Who still drives manual cars in America?​

cars with manual transmissions, and pricing doesn’t really seem to factor in much with that decision. The idea that cars with manual transmissions are less expensive than automatic cars isn’t really true, according to Edmunds.com.

My truck was $2,000 cheaper than the identically kitted truck with a automated trannie.

I love the automatic that came in my 2020 tacoma. It's the smoothest, most precise shifting auto I've ever owned. All tacoma's should have it.

thot you keep telling I to get out the old get in the new :confused:
Finally saw something I liked yesterday going downhill fast
It's sucky they weren't clutching that bad rig on the move

this big badass gray tundra with SC plates WAS workin it hard 90+ mph downhill on the 40 into the ashe
thrilling...
But no stick i betcha!

Not sure where you are located, but here on the east coast, more spefically in Delaware.....the AT is CHEAPER than the MT. Plus, you have to special order the MT. Dont get me wrong...Ive had a vehicle with a MT and had no real issues. My joyrider (98 Cobra) has a MT obviously but my new Taco has an AT and like the post said.....I enjoy being able to have my coffee and such while driving and not have to worry about shifting.

Back