2016 Tacoma SR5 Howling noise

vimal

Hello, Just bought 2016tacoma sr5 4x4 and as soon as you hit 35 mph. weird howling sound come from driver side. Its not the window but from under the left side. Anyone else has this issue?. Tacoma is from Mexico Plant.
Thanks.

Last edited:
I have a 2016 sr for about two weeks now. I heard a noise simular to what you described. To me it sounds like it is coming from the bed of the truck. Not sure what it is.

I called toyota and and they gave me a case number. I am waiting for my local dealer for appointment and see what they say. Paid a lot for the truck and wasn't expecting that kind of noise. Should have kept mine 2015 tacoma.

Does the sound come periodically or all the time. Mine is periodically, like the wind hits it in the right direction and then the noise is heard. Weird.

Hello, Just bought 2016tacoma sr5 4x4 and as soon as you hit 35 mph. weird howling sound come from driver side. Its not the window but from under the passenger side. Anyone else has this issue?. Tacoma is from Mexico Plant.
Thanks.
Hey

I am having the same issue and it is driving me nuts. Not sure what it is. I am having it checked out next week.

vimal (and others with this issue) - Does your model have running boards or tube steps installed on it? If so, what specific kind did you get? I've got one coming soon that will have the tube steps on it, hopefully that is not causing the noise issue.

vimal (and others with this issue) - Does your model have running boards or tube steps installed on it? If so, what specific kind did you get? I've got one coming soon that will have the tube steps on it, hopefully that is not causing the noise issue.
I got tube steps installed at dealership. Tubes are sealed on both ends so i am thinking its not the cause.

The tube steps might be the howling sound. I have a Jeep JK and when I put tube rack on it howls the same way. I just bought a 16 tacoma and have the tube steps and they make noise too

Have had mine since 9/27, never experienced it before and I drive a ton of miles but on a very windy day back from Disney yesterday mine made a low pitched horn sound at intervals. It was on the driver side and seemed to come as I was turning rightward into a headwind. Only time I have heard it and mine is at 9000 miles already.

My Hilux makes a howling noise in strong crosswinds. Not sure there is anything that can be done, and it doesn't happen often.

Have a limited with 600km. Strong cross wind today and there was a intermittent noise from the wind door side. Strange noise like a rumbling.

It's the front two holes on the drivers side lower control arm. You can plug them with 9/16 plugs. Or piece of black duct tape till you get the plugs. You can buy the plugs on eBay for around 5 bucks for twenty. I punched a hole in the center of the plug with a decent size nail to allow drainage. No more howl like someone blowing into a bottle.

Back