2016 Tacoma SR5 Howling noise

It's the front two holes on the drivers side lower control arm. You can plug them with 9/16 plugs. Or piece of black duct tape till you get the plugs. You can buy the plugs on eBay for around 5 bucks for twenty. I punched a hole in the center of the plug with a decent size nail to allow drainage. No more howl like someone blowing into a bottle.
Thanks, good to know what size plugs

When I drive mine it sounds like every other truck I have had ? I am not sure what people are talking about maybe
I am not as sensitive to that noise and 95 % of the time I am playing music lol

car.png

When I drive mine it sounds like every other truck I have had ? I am not sure what people are talking about maybe
I am not as sensitive to that noise and 95 % of the time I am playing music lol

When I'm on the highway and there are strong gusts, I can hear a loud tone similar to a call waiting tone, or someone blowing on the mouth of a beer bottle. lt is pretty loud and distinct, you can't miss it and you'll swear it is coming from the area around where the rearview mirror is mounted. l would shut down my gps, then radio, then phone thinking it was some kind of tone from one of those devices it sounds that electronic.

i don't know if that is what others are hearing, but that is what l get. Maybe my truck is haunted.

Hello, Just bought 2016tacoma sr5 4x4 and as soon as you hit 35 mph. weird howling sound come from driver side. Its not the window but from under the left side. Anyone else has this issue?. Tacoma is from Mexico Plant.
Thanks.
Mine is doing that also. 2015 crew cab 4x4. I was told by dealer today the noise is coming from the outside mirror assembly separation hinge where it folds in. I currently have duct tape on it to see if that helps. Mine is also from Mexico plant. Unfortunately, dealer also told me that replacing the mirror assembly will not help as they are all designed the same. Drives me nuts. Didn't know Toyota was selling vehicles with built in deer whistles. No wonder I never see any deer on the road I am on.

I also have a 2015, extended cab . The loud howling noise usually occurs at freeway speeds , often on windy days . Very annoying !! It seems to be from sides of windshield area or near tops of doors ??? I'm taking it in to dealer tomorrow , I'm not very hopeful they'll fix but I appreciate all the posts describing what I hear ....thought I was going nuts !!

When I'm on the highway and there are strong gusts, I can hear a loud tone similar to a call waiting tone, or someone blowing on the mouth of a beer bottle. lt is pretty loud and distinct, you can't miss it and you'll swear it is coming from the area around where the rearview mirror is mounted. l would shut down my gps, then radio, then phone thinking it was some kind of tone from one of those devices it sounds that electronic.

i don't know if that is what others are hearing, but that is what l get. Maybe my truck is haunted.
That's a good way to describe the noise A very loud "blowing across a bottle top " !!!

I bought a 2016 Tacoma DBL Cab Limited 4x4 in November 2015.

I've been having a bad wind noise issue with it (as seen/heard in attached video). The wind noise is a loud howling noise that makes talking on the phone difficult to impossible, especially on Bluetooth.

It is NOT from holes in control arms; not from step tubes; etc. It is a door/window seal issue. Much worse at 80 MPH with a quartering head wind coming over right front fender toward left rear quarter panel. Any solutions found yet? Thanks.
That is exactly how I would describe the noise and conditions I get with my 2015 extended cab

The howling noise.... do you have mud flaps ? I purchased a new 2017 trdor with no mud flaps , installed a set of ( 4 ) and acquired a howling! 35mph to 55.

Do you have OEM mud flaps?
I put the Toyota mud flaps on mine (got them less than half price off eBay) and haven’t noticed any howling. I actually haven’t had any issues at all with it and hope I don’t.

Back