Anyone buying the New 2016-2018 TRD PRO Grilles selling for under $150

The actual Toyota Pro grille for the 2018 is nearly as cheap as the 2016-2017 Pro knockoff grille. Get the correct part number for the 2018 and check midatlantictoyotaparts.com for the price. You have to pay around $50 extra for the garnish piece but still under $250 total for the correct tss friendly grille. You lucky dude. It is 1 part number different than 2017.

Thank you! This is baller news. I bought this and the garnish piece. Pumped to pop it in! With fresh LEDs and 20% window tint on my superwhite '18 sport, this thing is going to be swank. Next up, pushing the body 2 inches north and slapping new wheels + tires on.

Great. I wish the one for 2016-2017 was so cheap. None of us would buy the knockoffs. Hard to believe the new one is so much less than the others. Post up some pictures soon.
It’s because there are knockoffs. Toyota had to be competitive or they would loose money.

Great. I wish the one for 2016-2017 was so cheap. None of us would buy the knockoffs. Hard to believe the new one is so much less than the others. Post up some pictures soon.

Update here. Toyota apparently is only manually releasing these parts to dealers because they are in such high demand. The dealer told me to wait two months. Additionally midatlantic Toyota parts was not able to secure the 2018 pro grille as Toyota wouldn’t release it to them due to short supply: I guess they’re only releasing them to owners of pros and no other models.

If anyone out there can help me get a 2018 pro grille I am all ears. Been an absolute nightmare.

Try camelback toyota. They sell a lot of parts to the different forum members. I am busy today but I will do some searching this weekend. Post the part numbers. Call and check Olathe Toyota 1-866-596-1970.
Hitting same snag, however, I just added one to my cart at
https://trdtoyotaparts.elmoretoyota.com/oem-parts/toyota-trd-pro-grill-tacoma-pt22835180

Thanks for the steer. Unfortunately I struck out on those too. Looks like there's legitimately no way to grab one for a 2018 unless you have a pro.

2D55A54E-4AD2-4242-A798-BAA4D1AE39AC.jpeg The price is right
*** not sold without a TRD PRO vin and only as a replacement ***
Next thing you’ll have to prove yours is damaged and they will limit one replacement per customer!
Toyota has them on lockdown right now.

I wonder if the 2017 pro grille is the same? Have to have a vin to get it.

I have seen that done on other forums. The knockoff on my 2016 has the mount area for the TSS. I read some just put a small square of plexiglass there to protect the sonar unit.

Yeah - I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a 2017 OEM grille being shipped to me now. I wish I could have gotten the 2018 for cheaper, but talking to multiple dealers and hearing how Toyota is being all weird about it, I just want to get my grille in and move on. Surely it can't be that tough to get TSS working with it. Yall tell me if you think I've been dumb here, but I'd rather get on with it.

Yeah - I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a 2017 OEM grille being shipped to me now. I wish I could have gotten the 2018 for cheaper, but talking to multiple dealers and hearing how Toyota is being all weird about it, I just want to get my grille in and move on. Surely it can't be that tough to get TSS working with it. Yall tell me if you think I've been dumb here, but I'd rather get on with it.
How much was the 2017 grille and where did you get it?

Update here. I bought the 2017 OEM and had the dealer install it. They said they'd need to calibrate the TSS and would charge me over $700. I said to just install the grille and I'll figure out calibration later. Anyone have any tips on the necessity and practics of calibrating the system?

This quote is from TacomaWorld member dangeroso with a 2018 Sport and I thought it would interest people here
"Installed the knock off Pro Grille on my Sport today. I used the OEM garnish and the radar is working fine with no errors."

Hey, just joined to share my experience with this.

I bought a TRD PRO knockoff grill off of eBay for $99 to install on my 2018 Sport. Finally got around to doing the install today and it turned out great:

FFC16752_9_C5_F_443_D_A7_B1_BFC8467_B1_E62.jpg

The only catch is that in order for the radar to work correctly with the knock off grill, you need the actual OEM Garnish trim piece, rather than the insert that comes with the grill.

The OEM TRD PRO grill garnish is also readily available on eBay for about $50.

If you clip the garnish into place and install the radar with the star nuts from the original grill, everything should work perfectly.

Please feel free to post or email with specific questions.

Back