Anyone dropped a K&N filter in yet?

I've driven 2,500,000 plus miles so far in my life all in personal vehicles. Built 800 HP at the rear tires Duramax. FJ, 3 Toyota pick ups. 7.3 Diesel I drove 475,000 on it. I've used K&N Intakes in 6 of my 22 vehicles and never had your so called MAF sensor problems. Have you ever owned installed any aftermarket intake? If yes, what brand/ brands how many miles?

I've driven 2,500,000 plus miles so far in my life all in personal vehicles. Built 800 HP at the rear tires Duramax. FJ, 3 Toyota pick ups. 7.3 Diesel I drove 475,000 on it. I've used K&N Intakes in 6 of my 22 vehicles and never had your so called MAF sensor problems. Have you ever owned installed any aftermarket intake? If yes, what brand/ brands how many miles?

Yes, ive tested all available for the tacoma.... how many have u tested?

All but the air raid.

U guys must rlly think im new to all of this.

K and n has 2 groups.... ones who love and those who hate.

The company cannot even oil them right, right out of the bag, 3 have been over oiled... they totally screwed up the newer trd intake too

Last edited:
Tested how your not giving me any info? In your automotive air intake test shop? Ha 188,00 miles in my new 2010 Trail Teams FJ. K&N cone oiled filter with intake no problems. I guess I'm not a dumbest of them all, washed in the kitchen sink water rinsed through the inside. Let air dry light spray of oil. Real rocket fuel science going here! In my Tacoma 2007 4.0 gas K&N cone air filter with intake. Bought it Dec 2015 with 92,000 miles . Installed the K&N intake it now has 140,185 no problems. 2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 3.5 only have the drop in bought it March 17th 2016 18,850 miles no problems. Also, 6.0 2500 HD Chevy crew 4x4 198,000 miles driven from new with K&N oiled filter no problems. I've got more , but, you don't need them. These are a few of my tests. I actually drive the **** of my trucks not just talk about test done in Frankensteins lab.

Tested how your not giving me any info? In your automotive air intake test shop? Ha 188,00 miles in my new 2010 Trail Teams FJ. K&N cone oiled filter with intake no problems. I guess I'm not a dumbest of them all, washed in the kitchen sink water rinsed through the inside. Let air dry light spray of oil. Real rocket fuel science going here! In my Tacoma 2007 4.0 gas K&N cone air filter with intake. Bought it Dec 2015 with 92,000 miles . Installed the K&N intake it now has 140,185 no problems. 2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 3.5 only have the drop in bought it March 17th 2016 18,850 miles no problems. Also, 6.0 2500 HD Chevy crew 4x4 198,000 miles driven from new with K&N oiled filter no problems. I've got more , but, you don't need them. These are a few of my tests. I actually drive the **** of my trucks not just talk about test done in Frankensteins lab.
A simple iat test...... doesnt take much to do that, cept money to buy all the intakes.

Yep, im the dumb one.

Now, why should i share results after that?

Just so u dont cry.....
NOTHING draws cooler temps than stock when at approx 40mph.
Running the k&n left a film on my throttle body that wasnt there before i did the test, and i also had to wash and re oil the pos before i installed it because the brilliant minds at k&n had it dripping oil.

But yeah, im the dummie.

Guys if you seriously think your gonna see a performance difference just becuase you drop a k&n filter, you need to really rethink your life. K&n's may give 2-3 hp AT MOST. People usually get it for the sound and the convince of a reusable filter. You want more airflow performance? Get a supercharger.

No my point was that you do wheelies in the Tacoma! Ha , just that I've driven hundreds of thousands of miles with aftermarket air filters and intakes with no extra cleaning or any problems. Not some guy who put one on a vehicle found a film of oil on his MAF sensor and the world came to an end. HaHa trust me when I tell you your not going to make my 6'4" 270 lbs ass cry over anything tough guy. This site is about sharing your experience with parts, knowledge gained enjoying whatever you like doing with your Taco. 10-20 Hp gains with an intake and a larger diameter exhaust is about all we'll see on a dynamometer. I just have more miles than most driving with much of this stuff.ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1468268920.069329.jpg
Much smoother air flow for most intakes. FJ had two plastic baffles that dropped toward the ground on the way to the throttle body. Also , I installed most everything I buy myself, then off the the alignment shop.ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1468269131.413904.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1468269180.009571.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1468269260.713667.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1468269277.467661.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1468269308.488000.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1468269322.604064.jpg
One little project from last summer 2015

Rofl! 10 to 20 from intake and exhaust? The K&N FIPK junk was dynoed at a consistent loss of 5hp and the TRD exhaust make a gain of only 7 on the 1GR.

I've used the replacement drop in's in Jeep's, Harley's and most recently my FJ, but when I put one into my Tacoma it just didn't sound right. Seemed to just run rough. I'm usually an OCD person, but my wife noticed the difference too.
I swapped it out for the factory filter and all seems right with the world again.
Just wondered if anyone else might have noticed the same or not.

Back