How often do you change your oil?

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by Nathan, Feb 15, 2013.

1. billssr5

billssr5 Well-Known Member

I was reading on another forum where a guy did a 10k OCI on a later model 2.7l engine and sent it off to Blackstone and they said he probably could have went 12k miles based on the results, that was using MOBIL1 and an OEM filter as I recall.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. 16sashagrey

16sashagrey Member

Every 10k. I do full synthetic

billssr5 likes this.
  4. 16sashagrey

16sashagrey Member

Put 32k miles on er in 1 year!

billssr5 likes this.
  5. billssr5

billssr5 Well-Known Member

im putting a lot of miles on mine because I love to drive it so much, I put a little over 30k in a year and a quarter, just keep doing regular maintainence and it keeps going

6. rrt1949

rrt1949 Member

5k on synthetic with an OEM filter. Wix are not too bad either. Not too big on the 0-20 weight. Will check with the mechanics and get their take. How about the tecs on the forum? Any suggestions or input on the weight?