issues with 2016 Tacoma

I've had it for a few weeks and have not got it to not shift back in to 6th after various cruse control accelerations. Honestly I don't like the cruise control. To rigid, it will hold back on a hill only to have to gear down to climb the other side. I would rather gain a few and loose a few on the climb and never have to drop a gear. That's the case with most cruise control systems.

I'm possitive. It's an update talked to regional service rep out of Denver can provide you with his number if you would like it..

Sure I would like to know his number in case my dealer tells me the same thing that there is no software update. Are you positive it will be out in late Janurary because I will probably need to have my first service in Feburary.

I'm possitive. It's an update talked to regional service rep out of Denver can provide you with his number if you would like it..
I would like the contact info of the service rep also, if you could post it or PM me I would appreciate it.

Hi taco cruiser, I decided not to call Scott and pester him about this issue. I was just wondering if you have heard if the software update is available yet. I am going in for my oil change in the next few days.

I asked him about a week ago was advised it was not released as of yet but should be soon I am approaching my 5000 mile oil change as well. When I go in I will speak with Scott personally . As I know he is at that particular dealer on wends day. Keep following I WILL ADVISE as soon as it is Realeased..

2016 Tacoma Trd Off-road. (Silver Bullet)
2015 Tacoma Sr5. (Polar Bear)

Anyone have issues with transmission not staying in overdrive and have to speed up with cruise on and back off into over drive. Also premium Jbl system freezing needing to be totally reset Lastly the 3.5 is a good engine but on my long Either way I will update tomorrow as I will be taking to dealer. Please tune back I will advise as soon as dealer advises issue

2016 Tacoma Trd Off-road. (Silver Bullet)
2015 Tacoma Sr5. (Polar Bear)

Have not noticed this yet but i just bought my dbl cab v6 4x4 two weeks ago an ive been noticing a relay when shifting gears and also as i come to a stop and accelerate again, the truck seems to be jumping into nutral and slams back into drive with a harsh shift. Anyone else experiencing this problem? Dealership says the problem is a solenoid sticking and wants to replace the whole transission. The truck is only two weeks old. I bought a brand new truck so i wouldnt have to be dealing with fixing everything all the time. Truck is only two weeks old. Trying to get another one.

Have not noticed this yet but i just bought my dbl cab v6 4x4 two weeks ago an ive been noticing a relay when shifting gears and also as i come to a stop and accelerate again, the truck seems to be jumping into nutral and slams back into drive with a harsh shift. Anyone else experiencing this problem? Dealership says the problem is a solenoid sticking and wants to replace the whole transission. The truck is only two weeks old. I bought a brand new truck so i wouldnt have to be dealing with fixing everything all the time. Truck is only two weeks old. Trying to get another one.
It's the first year of the redesign with new engine and tranny. There's going to be bugs to fix.

I'm from Canada; new to this form, find it very focused and helpful. Test drove a 2016 Taco and identify completely with Taco Cruiser. Cruiser's description of shifting issues were the same as I experienced, mine even more pronounced. After resuming in cruise from 40 - 60 mph the transmission would not come out of 4th even going down hill. After being a proud Taco owner since 2006 I was serious about buying. A 2016 would be a downgrade, seriously, this shifting issue is embarrassing.
My advice to serious buyers; take a significant test drive before you buy. Put Taco through Taco Cruiser's scenario's. If you are satisfied with the shifting aberration, fill your boots, good luck.

I'm from Canada; new to this form, find it very focused and helpful. Test drove a 2016 Taco and identify completely with Taco Cruiser. Cruiser's description of shifting issues were the same as I experienced, mine even more pronounced. After resuming in cruise from 40 - 60 mph the transmission would not come out of 4th even going down hill. After being a proud Taco owner since 2006 I was serious about buying. A 2016 would be a downgrade, seriously, this shifting issue is embarrassing.
My advice to serious buyers; take a significant test drive before you buy. Put Taco through Taco Cruiser's scenario's. If you are satisfied with the shifting aberration, fill your boots, good luck.

Was in contact with regional rep while in California reviewing all issues reported was advised lunging while cold is also in software update that effects cruise control issues and lunging..seeing as there is no transmission dips tick was advised engineers are thinking that fluid may be low. Apparently we are supposed to take them in and have fluid lvl checked as well if you do experience cold lunging forward.

I have been having an issue when the truck is cold and I backed from my driveway and put it in D , there is a delay in the transmission of about 2 secs to go into gear. I was told the ATF could be low due to having a tow package which requires more fluid than those without it, I am taking the truck tomorrow to the dealer to be checked out. About the software update , there is no such a thing per the south florida regional manager and master mechanics (friends of mine ) that i have talked to. I even called toyota a couple of days back and talked to a technical engineer and he told me that at this point there is no software updates for any trim in the tacoma lineup.
Sorry for the bad news

Back